Chapter 18- The Charming Chairman..

Anna stood on the tip of her toes with her neck stretched in order to take a look at the person who was stepping out of the Ferrari.  “OMG!" her eyes popped up. "ALI…" she leaned on and whispered in Alira's ear.

"Yup?” Alira whispered back. 

“He…" Anna glanced at the charming and polite Chairman who was being welcomed in the office.  "I met him yesterday!” she gulped as she recollected. 

“Welcome to Adfluent sir” Alira smiled fondly. Anna froze and pressed her eyes tightly like the pigeon who saw a cat.  Alira bowed while greeting the charming Chairman with the bouquet. 

“Thank you so much!” the fruity voice answered. 

Anna's eyes shot open after hearing the sweet voice. Her eyes landed on the rosy, juicy lips which were curved into a heart-melting smile. Her eyes moved up and observed the long, thick lashes around the smokey black eyes. She was observing the beauty of the eyes when those eyes suddenly shifted and landed on her.

“Hey!" The Chairman exclaimed. 

"We-Welcome Sir!" Anna stuttered as her eyes met his. 

"Nice to meet you again, two shots!” the Chairman's eyes creased as he flashed a teasing smile. Anna smiled nervously not knowing how to respond. 

The Chairman smiled sweetly as he realized he was making her flustered. He moved on to accept the greetings from other people who were waiting in the queue. 

"Isn't he handsome!" a whisper surfaced in the crowd. 

"He is exceptionally handsome!" another whisper resurfaced. Everyone was completely smitten by the entry of the new Chairman. Everyone except Anna. She was looking fixedly at him. Her mind was being clouded by the memories of yesternight.  

“Now tell me everything!” Alira turned around and grabbed Anna's shoulder in excitement. 

Anna sighed, "So I went to this bar and-" 

"BAR!" Alira raised an eyebrow. Her expressions were clearly indicating how surprised she was. 

"Yeah!" Anna scoffed. "Why?" 

"Why?" Alira's brows rose in surprise. "What compelled you to go to a bar?" she added.

"Shut up! I am an adult. And I can go to a bar whenever I want to!" Anna pouted.

"Of course! You can. But you generally don't go to a bar that's why I am asking." Alira shrugged.

Anna breathed out as she knew Alira was right, "It was because of my parents"

"What did they do?" Alira asked with concern.

"I don't want to talk about it." Anna looked down. 

"Okay…" Alira nodded her head slightly. "The bar, What happened there?" she tried to change the topic. 

"Yeah, Um..." Anna cleared her throat. She didn't feel like sharing anything about the bridge, about Joel. "So from what I can recall it went like…" 

Anna's POV 

“One vodka please” I ordered. I was sitting in that uncomfortable chair at the bar. The bartender served me my drink in no time. I quickly took it and drank it in one go. 

I felt the blood rush in my veins. All the thoughts which were clouding my mind came to rest. I felt… quiet! I felt good! 

I knocked myself out with another shot to completely forget about everything that had happened. I was starting to enjoy the effect which that alcohol was having on me when I felt the urgent need to pee. I got up and started walking towards the washroom but my legs weren't exactly following me. I was walking straight but landed on a couch. Damn! it was so comfortable I felt like I was wrapped in hugs. My eyes went to the person who was sitting in front of me. He was staring back at me with his round, smokey black eyes. 

 Anna’s POV Ends

“You are in love with me, right?” Anna blurted and started giggling.

The man in front of her chuckled at her comment.

“Pft! Just tell me if you love me okay! I will say no and that's it” 

He instantly stopped chuckling and leaned on the table. His eyes were observing her.

"Love.is.one.fine.bitch” Anna babbled and rested her head on the table.

"You seem to be an experienced person!" He exclaimed in his fruity voice. 

"I loved him…" Anna spoke as if she became sober but her head was still on the table. "LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!!" her eyes got teary. "You know?..." She opened her mouth but suddenly screwed up her face. "Ahh! My chest is burning"  

"I think you are too drunk" 

"Drunk!” she giggled. “I just had two shots… How..can..i..be...drunk??” her words came out slower than usual.

“A teetotaler. I see” he squealed. “Anyway, I think you-” 

***Snoring Sound***

“Excuse me,” he leaned forward to check up on her. Her eyes were closed. “Great! She is knocked out.” he got back to his drink. 

“So that's why he called you two shots!” Alira chuckled as she comprehended. 

“Don’t make fun of me.” Anna pouted.

Alira burst into laughter. “OMG! Anna, What should I do with you?” she spoke in between her giggles. 

“Don’t do anything! Let’s get back to work.” Anna tried to change the topic.

“Two shots!” Alira teased her.

“Fine! I am done.” Anna stated and started walking inside. Alira followed her while teasing her with the new nickname.

   ---------------

An hour and a half passed and both Anna and Alira were engrossed in their work. 

***Landline Ringing*** 

Alira picks up the phone. “Yes?... Uh-huh...Okay! Thanks a lot.” she smiled and put the receiver back in its place. “Two Shots!” she called out. Anna rolled her eyes and continued her work without giving any response. Alira chuckled at her, “You have been summoned in the Chairman’s office, two shots.” 

“What!” Anna’s eyes popped out.