Chapter 15- I can't lose this job!

"Oh my! On your second day, you got into a fight with the Co-CEO!" Lia raised a brow in astonishment.

"Wait... Who?" Anna's face was ashen.

"Co-CEO, Adam Walker. He joined today itself" Lia stated as obvious.

"OMG!" Anna started sweating.

"So I take that you weren't aware." a small, pleasured smile appeared on Lia's face. "Well then, all the best for your future", she patted Anna's back. 

"I think I am gonna need more of it," Anna sighed.

"Ok, Anna. I have to go now. Will see you around", Lia smiled. She turned on her heels and walked away. The slight yet conspicuous movement of her shoulders made apparent the fact that there is a new, hot gossip in the office. 

"Yeah, I hope that we both do" Anna bit the corner of her upper lip.  "Why do you have to speak so much?!" she clicked her tongue. "Now he will fire me for sure. What would I do then?" 

She returned to her desk. "I don't want to be here myself but… I really need this job." she breathed out while pressing her eyes. "His watch broke because of me. Should I buy him a new one?", she wondered. "But that was really expensive!" she took her head in between her hands.

***Fingers Snapping Sound*** 

Anna flinched and saw Alira looking at her with concern. 

"What's up? you okay?" Alira sat beside her.

"No! I messed up Alira." she cooed at her. 

"What happened Ann?" Alira took Anna's hands into hers. "What's wrong?" 

Anna looked at her with a trace of guilt and fear in her eyes. 

"Tell me," Alira looked assuringly at her.

Anna told her about the incident while Alira was carefully listening to everything.

"My Adam can't do that!" Alira blindly stated while looking into the thin air.

"Excuse me, YOUR Adam?" Anna raised an eyebrow. 

"Let's be serious." Alira immediately blinked to cover her fangirl moment. "Why were you peeping inside the CEO's room anyway?" she looked at Anna for an explanation. 

"I- um- I-" Anna fell short at words.

Alira understood that Anna is certainly hiding something. "So you said Todd went with him, right?"

"Yeah," Anna sighed out of relief. " He called him in his office, God knows why!" she answered while trying to pull up a straight face.

"Then we will have to wait for him," Alira stated.

"What am I supposed to do Ali?" Anna again took her head between her hands. 

"Work!" She passed a tablet to her. "Head gave this to me and told me to finalize a model today itself so that we can book an appointment soon", she added. "I guess this project is really important that's why he is keeping a close monitor on everything" she looked in the wind.

"I guess that's all I can do on my last day" Anna took the tablet from her. "Where's the folder?" She unlocked the tab. 

"Let me show you" Alira opened up the file.

The file contained the profiles of all the budding as well as the well-established, professional models. They straight away jumped to the section of the '22-27 years, Male' category. Flipping through all the profiles, they shortlisted five men whose personalities matched with the brand's vibe. 

"How are we supposed to pick one?" Alira was baffled up.

"This is going to be a tough job!" Anna's eyes were glued to the screen.

By the time of midday break, the two of them finalized the model after a thorough discussion. 

"Let's inform the Head, first. Then we'll grab some sandwiches and head out to check the locations", Alira took the tablet and got up from the chair.

"Okay," Anna nodded while stretching her back. 

After getting a thumbs up from the Head, Anna's motivation level attained a decent level. She, along with Alira, headed straight to check out the locations for the shoot. The fear of getting fired was still haunting her, but her faith in her work was still alive. 

After checking out half a number of locations, all in the extreme corners of the city, she returned back home with a victorious smile on her face. It was indeed an achievement as she successfully finished the work in just one day which would have otherwise have taken up one full week. Unconsciously, she assured herself that after what she had done, it would be an unwise decision to fire her up. She assured herself that no-one would give up on such a dedicated employee over a wristwatch. 

Unlocking the main door, she entered inside. Not getting the welcome she was expecting, she scanned her house. She looked for her mother in the hall first, then in the kitchen. She was nowhere to be seen. Being all worked up, she straight away went to her bedroom and crashed on her bed. It took her only a minute to doze off to sleep.  

***Glass Breaking Noise*** 

Anna's eyes shot open.