Prologue

Edited/Revamped: 16/07/2019

~

        Conquer.

        Conquer is a word which could refer to various different meanings in many different scenarios. Conquer is often associated with over-powering, or overthrowing something, somewhere or someone. The word conquer, links to numerous other concepts and branches, like power or greed. Usually, when someone wishes to conquer something or somewhere, it is out of greed for power, although this isn't always the case. Some just enjoy to conquer, to rule, others have different reasons.

        Although to conquer, you need a conqueror. Like Napoleon Bonaparte. Genghis Khan. Alexander the Great. Tamerlane. Atilla the Hun. Charlemagne. Need I go on?

        As I was saying, to conquer, you need a conqueror. So, I suppose that brings us to the definitive question of; who shall be the one to conquer the President's computer, just to leave his little nine-year-old daughter a message about the outside world she is so restrictively kept from? Me, of course.

         Estelle Gloria Aveline; by all means my very public, very official name. It is not, however, my only one. Secret identities and all, ever so helpful in separating two lives I would prefer to keep apart. The other life I find myself a part of, something that has become inherently part of me, is that of Conquest the Horseman; a royal pain in the ass of all criminals and law enforcers alike. I have a very specific skill set, and have graduated for more computer and engineering courses from MIT than the number of times the Kardashians have been on the front cover of a magazine.

        So in other words, a lot of courses.

        I can conquer any computer in the world. I can quite possibly be in bed at 1:00am in the morning wearing my Pikachu onesie with a nice cup of tea reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, then flippantly decide to hack the FBI or Homeland security for a few minutes, just for kicks. And if you think they'll catch me, then you really don't know me.

        I'm always ten steps ahead, a ghost in their systems, one they either never find, or realise far too late that I've been there. Everything is perfectly executed within a set time range, and all evidence is wiped before they even know they've been hacked.

        As much as it pains me to admit however, I'm not perfect. Clever, highly proficient with all things technological, and about as evasive as the infamous Nightingale herself, but good grief , whatever you do, do not expect me to flip like a ninja off a freakin' building or take on a bunch of Nazis with a dinner plate of a shield. Fighting, is not my strong suit. Which is why, I have them.

         War. Famine. Death.

          The remaining members of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. 

          Ooh, scary right? No. We're not the actual beings of legend, we just call ourselves the Four Horsemen. Why? Because a) The Four Horsemen from the Apocalypse are pretty darn cool, and b) All other cool group names were taken. So sue me, we're not changing our name, and if I see one more comment about those damned con artists from 'Now You See Me', I'm going to hack your web browser history and send it to your parents.

        That aside, you now know me as Conquest, the Horseman who rode the white horse. Some call me Pestilence though, because it's always been a quarrel between beliefs of who rode the white horse in the bible. Conquest, or Pestilence? I chose Conquest, for reasons as mentioned above and a few others. The other Horsemen though, are set in solid stone.