Chapter 5: Fifty Shades of Red

To understand something, you must be able to comprehend what potential is has, what is currently does and what it has accomplished in the past. Understanding takes a lot of effort on your behalf, and sometimes no small amount of forgiveness. Human beings usually despise or are frightened of that which is different. That of which they cannot understand.

        Although, each human being tends to react to things they do not understand in their own distinctive way. While they may be afraid or despise what they cannot understand, that which is different, they each have their own unique way of showing it. If, you were to say, Jordan didn’t understand something, he tends to leap straight into business, or go shark diving. Whichever option is open to him at the current time.

        “Yes, Mr. Gates, our representative will arrive shortly.”

        “No, I cannot attend a council meeting this Thursday; I have a director’s board meeting at Sony.”

        “I’m sure Mr. Easterbrook can handle a small pest problem within McDonald’s main building….... he is quite capable.”

        “I will have my PA organize a meeting with your CEO because I have a meeting that day….. I’m sure Miss Potts will enjoy her company as much as she would have enjoyed mine.”

        Then let’s say, people like Lucas, normally resorts to reading, insulting stupid people in movies, or proving geniuses in history wrong. So in other words, he criticizes everyone else.

        “I do not understand why Voldemort does not simply use some magic or even a muggle face transplant to simply give him a nose, the image is quite disturbing.”

        “Return to the house you imbecilic quim! You are not as Chase would put it ‘Dora the Explorer’. There are obviously monsters and zombies outside.”

        “There are a few moderations that Newton could utilize within his laws that have been stupidly overlooked.”

        “I do not comprehend the purpose of this game. Why must I tap the screen to maneuver the bird through the gap within the pipes? This is infuriating!”

        Like I said, different people, different reactions. Although, they are handling the news about Deadpool a tad better than Chase….

        “Where’s my fucking coffee, I ordered over ten minutes ago! How long does it take to heat up water, put it into a shitty paper cup—”

        “Sir, the coffee machine broke—”

        “Don’t fucking interrupt me! I’m ranting, I need my ranting time.”

        Even the others, who are still mad, know to steer clear of Chase. As well as not engage in conversation with him.

        Lucas, Jordan and I patiently lay outside the sheets on the king sized bed together, me situated between the two of them as we watch Sherlock. Jordan pauses the show, calmly sighing once before tilting his head to face me. “How bad did Chase take it at first?”

        I click my tongue. “His face turned fifty shades of red.”

        A half forgiving laugh erupts from his throat. “Kinda wishing I saw that.”

        “He has an extremely low tolerance for anything that has the capacity to induce or inflict anger within him,” Lucas observes, and on cue, in the next room can be heard “This isn’t a large cappuccino with no sugar; this is a flat white with no sugar! Are you fucking stupid!?!”