Chapter 12: Sharing is Caring

And then I woke up.

          Everything.... My date with Wade... Dirk Anger.... Everything was just a figment of my wild imagination....

          Na, I'm just kidding. Had you for a second there though, didn't I?

          Lightly grasping Jordan's arm in reassurance, I can already see him beginning to act up. His chest heaves up and down irregularly, his grip on his walking stick loosens and tightens in according to his clenching fists, his pupils widen and dilate as thousands of thoughts and speculations rampage through his mind in a mad scramble to determine motives and reasons as to how after all our years of careful treading, that one of our identities are finally discovered.

          And the one identity out of all of us that will create the biggest impact should the public find out.

          "Speechless I see. I tend to leave that effect on people. Oopsies," Dirk cheekily pipes up, the ludicrous twinkle intensifying in his eyes tenfold.

          Chase and Lucas miraculously have one thing in common though. Shocking, right? But no, they both do have one skill in common.

          They're both brilliant actors.

          "Death? As in... like Death? Big muscly guy on the TV with the Fantastic Four earlier on today?" Chase inquires, chuckling at the end. He turns to face Lucas with a thoroughly amused expression pulling at his features. "Diagnose him Doc; has he got a case of the loonies? What kind?"

          Lucas appears bored, a far-off, disinterested look on his face. "Haven't I already declared his psychological issues? Misogyny, bulimia, alcoholism, nicotine addiction, depression, sadism..... Oh, and a fixation on a flowery house dress that may or may not have belonged to his mother. That one slipped my mind, many apologies."

          "We need to leave. Now," Jordan urges stiffly, acting as if his robotic daze never occurred. He rises from the bed, shutting the laptop and preventing me from viewing the exchange any longer.

           "Jordan—ˮ I try, but he won't have it.

          "Stella.... Chase and Lucas will deal with the dilemma. I, on the other hand, was sent to retrieve you. So, here I am, retrieving away," he steps forward and swiftly sweeps me off my feet, holding me bridal style.

          "Jordan Douglas Parks, you are to put me down right this instant and listen to what I have to say or so help me God I will be crankier than a She-Hulk on her period," I lowly warn, and within three seconds, my heels have once again met the lush carpeted floor of the room, and when I peer at Jordan, his head is hung low with shameful eyes downcast.

          I clear my throat, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear elegantly. "You will vacate these premises immediately and signal Chase and Lucas to do so as well. Then, once you have, Wade will continue with his previous plan to wipe his existence from the HATE data base which currently holds a sizeable amount of information on him which no one else does."

          Jordan gawks at me. "How did you know he wants to wipe his existence from—?"

          "I listed a range of reasons earlier on why he would possibly sell me out. When I said 'information' his pinkie finger twitched, his way of informing me 'close'. Then, I listed 'a clean slate' to which he responded with twitching his middle finger, indicating 'even closer'. I didn't get further than that, but the logical assumption with that amount of context just given would be that they have dirt on him, dirt he wants cleaned."