Chapter 13: Shine Bright

Okay author's note first cuz there's tad of talking to do.

a) I'm currently working on designs for the Horsemen suits so that should be up next chapter

b) This is kinda a filler chapter, but it does still have important content and I PROMISE Johnny will be in the next chapter cuz we haven't seen him in a while....

c) New ship introduced 'properly' I guess in this chapter. So, the ships are Joelle, Westelle and Ryelle

d) Trigger warnings for this chapter. If you're uncomfortable with rape, violence and a ton of swearing then do NOT read the flashback. You won't like it

Annddd that's it I guess. Small chapter but next one will be longer hopefully.

Enjoy ;)

          "Pleeeaaassseeeeeee."

          "Pretty, pretty please, don't you ever, ever feel like you're less than—"

          "That song doesn't even properly apply to this scenario Jordan."

          "Pretty please with sugar, chocolate, a cherry and mathematical algorithms on top?"

          I'm pretty sure Chase just sold it.

          Lucas' dead-set stare is one of contemplation – well, that's what is appears to be anyway, but considering the fact it takes him three seconds to reply with a finality in his tone, he's more than likely feigning it.

          "No."

          Okay then.... Chase didn't just sell it...

          Synchronized groaning and whining tumble forth from our lips, Chase, Jordan and I collapsing into a pile on top of one another climatically on the couch in over-dramatized despair. The back of Chase's arm meets his forehead, his head lolling about off the edge of the couch while the rest of his limbs are splayed on top of Jordan or under me.

          He sighs theatrically. "Oh the cruelty of the world!"

         "Intelligent men are cruel," I pout, only for Jordan to quickly quip "And stupid men are monstrously cruel."

         "Well that's me in a nutshell," Chase huffs, righting his head to grin cheekily at me laying atop of War and Death the Horsemen.

          "I must be cruel, only to be kind; thus bad begins, and worse remains behind," Lucas recites arrogantly, a devilishly innocent grin tugging on the edge of his lips.

          "Why does that sound familiar?" Jordan mutters into the pillow which his face is currently squished against, so I remove my left leg from his neck and swing around to right myself on the couch, the other two following in suit afterwards.

          "Because it's Hamlet my unintelligent friend. I am afraid for one to understand, one must be able to speak the language of Shakespearian.... Which you do not," Lucas wisecracks, although a hint of honesty painted his tone at the beginning.

         Jordan's brows pull together, and he takes on the expression of a confused puppy. "Did he just call me stupid?" He inquires of Chase and I, to which Chase shrugs and snorts "I dunno dude, if you don't understand it then there's no hope for me. I'm about as smart as an attractive bag of bricks."