Chapter 10: Tweedle Dim, Tweedle Dimmer and Tweedle Dimmest

Peace.

          Peace is often vary rare in this century, whether it be peace with other countries, peace with quarrelling companions, peace within the gossip of celebrities, or even peace in your life. I know I haven't experienced it in years, not true peace anyway. Not that lulling serenity that overcomes your senses, allowing you to momentarily forget and ignore all else on this planet. Peace is such a powerful yet such a delicate thing. It has the capability to shake continents, yet can be broken with a single sentence, word or action. It's beautiful, yet frightening.

          Frightening? Yes, it is frightening. It's frightening because whenever it comes around, you know something is not right. Life these days – especially for people like me – don't get peaceful. If it's peaceful, then something is bound to round a corner and kick you in the butt. While it lasts though, I will enjoy the tranquility of it, especially because Wade Wilson is the last person on this planet that I thought could ever offer it to me, yet he has. Right now.

          The winter air nips away at my fingers, but I can hardly feel it. Usually, right now is when I should be saying 'I can hardly feel it because my mind can't think of anything but the man walking besides me' but no, I can hardly feel it because I'm that mother freaking cold.

          On the way out, I retrieved a long designer black over coat from the rack in the lobby, having barely used it today when I ventured to the Baxter Building. Wearing it now, I still find it miraculously cold, the wind seldom touching or interfering with my hair.

          I laugh freely, neglecting the glances thrown our way from the public. Wade appears to be at his own peace, also enjoying the simple walk to wherever he plans on taking us. "What did you do then?" I ask, unable to wipe the stupid grin from my face.

          He chuckles. "I stood up, straightened my back, saluted them and walked from the room completely unfazed."

          I roar in laughter again, and although he may have recited this story a thousand times for all I know, right now he's laughing as if it's the first he's heard it himself. I remove the small tear of laughter trickling down my cheek before it freezes on my face from the weather, giggling as I say "I can't believe you did that. In front of the President of America as well! There must be some law against crashing the President of America's wife's birthday party butt nude while his nine year old daughter looked on."

          He laughs even harder. "It was an honest to God accident. Not saying I didn't enjoy it though."

          "No, because you're kinky like that," I tease, elbowing him as we round another street corner, pausing at a traffic light.

          He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively. "I can be kinkier if you like."

          My eyes roll like marbles. "Now you're reminding me of Johnny."

          "Johnny?" He inquires curiously.

          I nod. "Johnny Storm, aka Human Torch, flame brain, match stick, tinker bell, fire cracker and an assortment of other names which I am sure will come to me later on in the night."

          The light changes green. "Hopefully you'll be enjoying yourself so much that they don't," he replies, grinning at me as we cross the road.

          We continue on like this for another ten minutes, until we arrive at the base of an extremely large and sophisticated building. He offers me his arm, courteously saying "Milady," with an earnest eye roll. I repress a chuckle at his obvious displeasure of having to act this way, and then begin to feel concerned about it. If he doesn't like acting this way, then why are we entering a—