Friends

Author's POV:

Later that day, in all of there classes they have been trying to focus but there one thing, more like person on their minds: each other. They both knew that they had to talk about what happened, hours earlier. Once they were in a room together, alone. They have a few classes together but every time they even look at each other, one of them looks away. They wanted each other, but just couldn't say it. 

Once the school day was over, they both finally ended up in Katherine's dorm, alone, where it all started.......

"Hey can we talk? No funny business." Caroline said after it being silent for a while. "Yes," Katherine said in relief. "Okay, so where do we start?" Caroline asked. "Umm, did you tell Stefan about us?" Katherine asked. "What, no," Caroline almost yelled. "Do you like me, like romantically?" Caroline asked. "Duh," Katherine said. "What about you?" Katherine asked. "Yes," Caroline answered, while sitting down on the edge of the bed next to Katherine. "So, If like you and you like me, so what are we then?" Katherine asked scooting closer to Caroline. "I don't think  can do any thing romantic right now." Caroline answered. Katherine's face went down, Caroline could tell. "Do you wanna be just friends?" Katherine painfully asked. This is not what Katherine wanted, not one bit, but she didn't want to pressure Caroline. "Yes," Caroline answered kind of regretting it. She felt guilty she kind of just rejected Katherine. 

It was quiet for a while but then Katherine asked," Wanna go get some blood, I'm so hungry?" "Don't you have some blood bags in your mini fridge." Caroline responded. "I need something from the vain," Katherine smirked. "Sure," Caroline said. 

They were walking in the street for a while but then they saw two humans in a ally. They started to feed on their on human. Caroline stopped and compelled her human to forget her, but she noticed Katherine didn't stop, she was still feeding. "Katherine stop," Caroline shouted. Caroline tried to pull Katherine off, but she pushed Caroline off. That's when Caroline realized that this wasn't because she was hungry, it was because she was heartbroken. Caroline tried to pull Katherine off a few more times, but then Matt Donovan showed up and shot Katherine in her chest barely missing her heart. "Matt!" Caroline shouted. "Don't get mad at me, I was protecting a defenseless human. And what the hell are you doing with Katherine anyway, I thought you hated her?," Matt complained. Sometimes Caroline wonders how they are still friends. "Mind your own business Matt, I can take it from here," Caroline insisted. "Clearly you can't," Matt yelled. Caroline vamp-speed closer to Matt, and snapped his neck, knowing he has the Gilbert ring on. She then feed the human her blood and compelled the human to go home. Caroline picked up Katherine's passed out body and vamp-speed to the college. 

Caroline's POV:

What the hell has gotten into me, I wouldn't defend Katherine. When she got shot a sense of fear instantly shot up all over my body. I couldn't lose her, not now, not never. 

About 15 minutes later, Katherine woke up. "What happened?" Katherine asked while pulling the bullet out of her chest and grunting. "You lost control and Matt shot you," Caroline answered. "You saved me?" Katherine asked. "Of course I did." Caroline answered with a warm smile. A blush grew on Katherine's face, she tried to hide it but couldn't. She looks so adorable when she's embarrassed.  "I'm starving, Wanna go eat?" I asked. "Yeah, let me change my shirt first," Katherine said because there was blood on it. 

After Katherine got done getting ready, we arrived at a new restaurant called JJ's Place. We sat down across from each other, it looked like we were on a date. Katherine started to make fun of the science teacher at our college. "He then tripped on his own feet, it took everything in me not to laugh," Katherine joked. I laughed at her, I liked seeing this part of Katherine: funny, sweet, and adorable. I started to gaze at her, imagining her happy, most of her life is heartbreaking, so she was barely happy. I knew I could change that.