chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

S o n g  Areum

Being grounded

Being grounded. Gadget confiscation. Forbidden dating. Having a full time chauffeur. Home-cooked meals, three times a day. At home gym, pilates and yoga class. A younger brother who hovers a lot.

Those were things Areum did not have in her teenage years. For an independent young girl who had freedom at such a young age, she didn't turn out bad. She never did drugs, alcohol and went to illegal parties—nor dated a bad boy.

Her years seemed to have taken a 360 degree rotation when she reached her adult years.

Grounded and chauffeured.

Just last night, her father had pulled down all the fences and took away an inconsiderable amount of her freedom.

She didn't argue one bit, part of her wanted to know how it was like to be disciplined like a kid but mostly because she got her father into too much trouble with the board of directors of the company as well.

What CEO would allow his daughter date one of their artists who's also the company's biggest investor? Song Jung Hoon. Only him.

The reason being, the members were not just a mere artist to him. They were his friends too, his partners and Chairman Song trusted them. He trusted Areum too. . . at least that was the case before everything went to shit.

"You should lay low back in San Francisco with your aunt," her father had suggested.

Her mother placed down her utensils carefully as she glanced at her husband with a warning gaze. Only that time, her father wasn't a bit bothered by her mother's silent threat.

"Her job and her family is here. Areum is not going anywhere," her mother answered in a plain tone, letting them know that her decision was final.

"Then go with her." Her father spoke without blinking an eye.

Areum, her mother and Da Reum glanced up at her father, surprised and baffled. He kept his eyes on his meal, his voice deep and his expression showed no remorse nor contemplation.

"If you want so badly to be with your daughter, I'll book two one way tickets to America for both of you."

Her mother hissed quietly, "You are being unreasonable."

"I'm trying to protect her," her father raised his voice a little. "The nation knows where she works, they know her not-so-appealing history at the Arts Academy and her involvement in a murder back in Los Angeles. I don't care about her past but people does an—"

"And it's bad for business." her mother finished her father's sentence bitterly.

The composure and poise of her mother had vanished as she stood up forcefully from her seat.