chapter 59 | 𝐭𝐚𝐞𝐡𝐲𝐮𝐧𝐠 & 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐦

CHAPTER 57

Song Areum

~ ғʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ : ᴛᴡᴏ ʏᴇᴀʀs ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ʙᴛs ᴍɪʟɪᴛᴀʀʏ ᴇɴʟɪsᴛᴍᴇɴᴛ ~

The first thing people think about when they hear a love story was happy endings—like the sky full of stars, clear sky after the rain with rainbows on the windowsill. There was one kind of love that everyone refused to talk about more. Unrequited Love.

They said the first heartbreak was meant to stay for awhile, that it'd hurt so much even if a decade passed—it hurts so bad one couldn't sleep, eat, talk or even breathe.

It was around 12 in the afternoon in the countryside, Areum just finished her bit for their research after working on it for a week straight with only a couple hours of sleep at best. Only eight hours in seven days—it happens twice in a month. BTS was in town for a while and like always whenever they came home, the first person who she meets first was Kim Taehyung. He'd gone home to Daegu for a while and managed to convince Areum to visit his family with him for a few days.

For the past years, she had completely lost social life, not that she even had one in the first place but her parents were glad she was spending her break with a friend—an alive, functioning human being rather than the cadavers used in their laboratory and Research. Areum's parents rather have her out of the house and the University-Hospital than have her sulk in the bedroom during her free time.

It had been a year since she last talked to Jungkook. He never went after her ever again. She didn't mean what she said last time—that they can't be together ever. They could, if only he'd fought for her too. She gave up on him once and then he was over her quick and easy. Not to mention he was already dating Iris in public. What was the whole point of love—she always wondered. What kind of fucked up thing love was? It was all so superstitious, him loving someone else and her loving him—where was the happy ending in that?

"My Mom is making her Daegu specialty welcome home meal, " Taehyung woke her up from her deep thoughts as he joined her on his family's balcony, placing down a plate of hot Bungeoppang on the elevated floor they sat on while their feet dangled slightly a few inches from the ground as they looked at the countryside scenery across Taehyung's Family House.

Their home was a modern Hanok with detailed vintage architectural designs on the outside despite being a two-storey house rather than the modern bungalow ones. It was beautiful, all too quiet and peaceful despite their big family. It was almost fascinating how everyone in his family had faces of an angel—all were incredibly good looking and warm, especially his parents, no wonder he's got a very mesmerizing face too. Kim Taehyung came from a lineage of people with exemplary genes. He's got the most hospitable and down to earth traditional family that not anyone in the civilized area has anymore. They had a healthy garden upfront and a vegetation one in the backyard, even their house pets were clean and quiet. His family made a paradise out of their own.

"You might never come home when you get to taste it, " he flaunted. "I like your mom but my mother is the best! You'd wish she was your mom,"

Areum turned to him with a blunt gaze, "Or I could just marry you and make her my mother-in law."

He lost the proud smirk he had on and studied her face briefly before looking away and licking his bottom lip awkwardly.

"Taehyung-oppa, " she muttered as the wind blew on her hair and skin. "You think I haven't noticed why you've been glued to me every time you guys are in town?"