chapter 89

CHAPTER 89

Darkness after the Sunset

This was the repercussion of Jungkook's life in the spotlight

This was the repercussion of Jungkook's life in the spotlight. The quiet three years being engaged all the way through the Wedding and Honeymoon itself, it had all been a beautiful pink with a hint of purple sunrise and a dazzling orange sunset that sent fire rays iridescently to the skies. It was peaceful, beautiful and all too bright and blissful, not knowing after all the quietness, chaos arise. The privacy they've worked protecting, all gone and ruined.

"It's not like we didn't expect this at all," Areum calmly spoke to him as they clasped their hands together protectively.

It was only two days since they got back from their extended Honeymoon from Switzerland to Netherland and Iceland. They've been gone two months to be exact. And though all the places they've been to on their Honeymoon was paradise and full of light, little did they know darkness awaits in Seoul. The management including Jungkook's team in his own Music Label did their best to conceal his private life from the public while he was away, even Da Reum who worked in the NSA and can easily withheld informations from the public about Areum and Jungkook—he too, was not able to get things under control just in time. The kid did a great job protecting Areum's name from the public for years, now it seemed like fate has finally acted upon its course to free the newlyweds out in the open. Now, there was no turning back.

"Well, in all fairness," Mee Yeon muttered as she stared into a picture of Areum in her Wedding dress that was leaked to the public. "Areum looks breathtaking here, so are you, Jungkook."

"Such a perfect couple, am I right?" Jungkook's mother added as the two in-laws ogled on the pictures of their children online.

Areum chuckled and placed her head onto Jungkook's tensed shoulders. She had been calm ever since the news got out that BTS Jungkook ended up marrying Song Junghoon's only child. The media didn't even bother to address Areum by her name—at that point everyone knew who she was and what her name was, it was just that the public didn't want to give her the proper respect and acknowledgment she deserved. She was not just Song Junghoon—a billionaire Music Producer's daughter nor was she just BTS Jungkook's Long-time girlfriend turned Wife. Song Areum was so much more than that. What upsets him was that not only did his public image overshadowed her worth in the public's eyes, but because of him, negative and unnecessary hurtful criticisms has gone her way again.

Areum did not care whether she was named or not in the articles past around in different states nor did she care about having hurtful words and threats thrown at her. Truthfully, she was still in a euphoric state from their Honeymoon that she couldn't even begin to stress out or be upset that their Wedding details had reached the public. What worried her was how protective and viciously sensitive her husband was regarding the consequences of how the news was exposed without their consent. He didn't want to lose her the same way he almost did back then, he just simply didn't want history to repeat itself.