chapter 84

CHAPTER 84

Nearing The End

"Can I talk to you?" Taehyung asked Youn Eun Ah as soon as he found the perfect timing to do so

She nodded and smiled timidly as she always does. He realized she couldn't seem to meet his eyes directly, it was the same for him too—when she's around, he couldn't seem to find the right words to say. Taehyung has always been upfront and confident with girls, it made him want to find out what was in Eun Ah that made his heart race like crazy but also feel the most safe with her when they're alone together.

On their first night, when Taehyung shared a Hanok with Eun Ah but in different rooms, the two of them spent the night until early in the morning playing video games which she was surprisingly competitive at. . . but before that, they talked for a long time—for what seemed like forever and neither of them got tired or sick of each other. She was reserved but wasn't afraid of telling him her stories as he did the same to her. That one night was worth years of getting to know one another and for the first time, someone truly and patiently listened to his thoughts and acknowledged his emotions. Areum was right when she said, 'when you find her, you'd know.' For some reasons, he felt belonged in her presence.

He knew from the first time he laid eyes on Eun Ah's bright and wide innocent eyes, he was hooked and smitten.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked him as soon as they were alone and far from the group.

The night was surprisingly chilly, so he instantly placed his sweater over her shoulders.

Taehyung studied her natural curly hair, she looked beautiful even with her hair undone. And though the night was dark and quiet, her innocent smile was a lot brighter than her  pale skin as white as the snow. She was beautiful, gentle and kind in all the right places but the one thing that made him extremely drawn to her was the safety in her eyes, the way her soul pulled his hopeless ones into a brighter place.

"Is it about the excess room in Areum-eonni's Hanok?" she asked, pertaining to the room Da Reum recently left. "Do you want me to move out of yours?"

Her voice was hesitant and quiet, the smile she always wore suddenly vanished into thin air. The fact that he was able to cause her smile to disappear stung in places he wasn't expecting.

"Of course not," he instantly assured her. "I don't want you to move out. I want you close."

She looked up at him with a perplexed look before studying the conviction on his stance.

"I want you close all the time. . . would that be okay?" he asked all of a sudden.

Eun Ah stepped back and gulped. Her once cheerful eyes glimmered with confusion but not in fear.