chapter 36

CHAPTER 36

Jeon Jungkook

"The limbo wasn't that bad," was the first thing Areum said after waking up from a coma five days ago

Two weeks. 14 days she laid unconscious in the hospital bed with tubes inside her, aiding her to breathe. She went paler and colder as time went by. He was losing her. He almost lost her.

When she woke up, it took three days for her to regain enough strength to sit up and talk a little. On the fifth day, she had more color back on her skin and she was slowly getting back to life—real life.

A lot has happened in two weeks, it felt like a hundred years stuck in a limbo because she was gone far too long. Her body was wired in the machines, helping her breathe. There was no technology to bring someone back to life from a very slow death.

Areum was gone for two weeks and Jungkook did nothing but pray—though he did not have any religion, he prayed to God to bring her back because he was still going to love her alive for a long time. If she didn't wake up, his soul would vanish with her. He would be unable to fall in love the way he loved her.

In those two weeks, all the media press and sasaengs that caused harm to the company and have been charged fairly in the law, even the MH Entertainment, one of the Music Agencies who was involved with International Crime had been convicted and settled with by the National Security Organization. Anyone in the Music Industry doing business in the dark had been quietly masking their bad deeds under the nose of the public. They were all going down one by one, exactly like Domino Effect that Areum mentioned ones. It was working all according to plan—her plan. And she was not around to witness it.

Jungkook warned her not to delve deeper into the dark side of the Entertainment industry but he should've put an end to her absurdity himself from the start. Perhaps then, she wouldn't have even been a target. If only they'd let Dacre handle everything from the very beginning, perhaps Areum wouldn't have gotten shot again.

Because she knew too much, the Companies she exposed wanted her gone. They've been waiting for the right time to destroy the skyrocketing stock price of BH Entertainment but Areum rushed the process of attacking them first. She was both a collateral and liability. It was a chain, you see—Areum once told him. Everything is connected, some may have just been coincidence but still deadly.

Dacre Mills figured out it was a trap, how the traffic ring suddenly loosened up and took risks. It was like they've been waiting for her to catch up. It had something to do with what they call a 'Supreme File', where every dirt of wealthy and powerful people in South Korea was stored in—whatever the fuck that is—Areum should have never gotten her hands on it in the first place.