chapter 98

CHAPTER 98

Song Areum

By the scent of hash browns, eggs, salty bacon and butter toast, she was woken up slowly from a facile slumber

By the scent of hash browns, eggs, salty bacon and butter toast, she was woken up slowly from a facile slumber. She opened her eyes in a dark room with only a slit brightness from the sun seeping through the tiny slits of the curtains. She laid on her side, still embracing the pillow that smelled like her husband. His bedside was empty though his lamp that she left open last night had already been turned off. He was supposed to be home late last night—she wasn't able to stay up and wait because she'd also just gotten back from a two-day Hospital duty.

As she got back to her senses, the smell of breakfast filled her nose once more and she slowly got up from the bed, clutching her bump at six months—it was almost like she'd been carrying her baby for 8 to 9 months by the weight and looks of it. Even Jana didn't have that big of a bump when she was 5 months pregnant and they were both built smaller than most. She felt light cramps on her lower back, her exhausted neck that she had been treating for weeks didn't help with her morning discomfort either. It was a good thing she was still able to perform successful surgeries for the past months in that state, her last surgeries for a while as she'd taken a maternal leave from then on.

Areum went to the bathroom with small and careful strides, eager to run cold water on her skin to wake her up fully. As she did just that, she instantly brushed her teeth and completed her skincare routine in the morning before getting out of the bathroom only to smell the strong scent of breakfast in the bedroom she shared with her husband.

Jungkook sat at the end of the bed, his elbows rest on top of his legs as he leaned over with a frown while looking at his phone and teething small dry skin on his lips. By the bed, there was a small table filled with the breakfast he made.

Areum slowly walked over to him because he didn't even realize she was done in the bathroom. She slowly sat beside her husband, finally stealing all his attention from his phone as she wrapped an arm around him and left a kiss on his shoulder blade. He smelt like vanilla and fresh soap, his natural scent without any sort of cologne or perfume.

"When did you get in?" She asked as he tossed his phone behind and immediately circle her waist with one arm—the one filled with tattoos.

His free hand reached for her cheek as he closed his eyes and kissed her on the lips, slow and lingering that she had to pull him back onto her when he moved away a little. His hand then travelled to her baby bump as they finally pulled away and she rest her head over his shoulder, it was morning and she'd only just woken up, yet she was already exhausted beyond words.

"Late. I didn't want to wake you when I got in last night," he said.

Areum remained quiet, he looked like he hadn't slept, even his side of the bed was untouched and smooth as new but she decided to not question him any longer, she was famished and there was a breakfast in bed waiting behind her.