chapter 8

Chapter 8

Jeon Jungkook

"No." he replied firmly.

She didn't mean what she said. Areum will never leave him. He was going to make everything right. They're not breaking up. Not like this. Not ever.

Her gaze fell down, it was evident she was holding back tears too. He knew she wanted to take back what she said, so why wouldn't she?

    "Jungkook-ah," her voice was soft and endearing. "I've loved you all my life and I'm tired."

He glanced at her with all the strength to decline her terms. She said she wasn't going to leave him. She promised not to leave his side. Areum never broke a promise to him.

She wore a defeated smile as she carried her head up to meet his eyes. "I was only eleven years old when I first saw you,"

Jungkook gave her a perplexed look but his features slightly softened from the sight of her loving eyes.

"I have loved you since then." she smiled at him. "You didn't know me but I loved you. Do you have any idea how much that hurt? How hard it was for me? I wanted to love someone more than I love you but I couldn't. I tried but I just. . . couldn't get you off of my heart and soul. No one is good enough for me but you. . . and I'm tired of it."

Her first love. The one she talked about and still feel the joy reminiscing. It was him all along.

How stupid could he be not to realize it sooner? 

Regret soon swerved inside him as quick as lightning, this beautiful woman he loves so much had been in love with him all her life and all he did was take her for granted.

"I love you." he suddenly blurted out as his voice broke.

She gave him a blank expression. "And I don't want to love you anymore. Let's break up."

"No." he repeated his answer.

"I will be better. I'll call every press I could reach out to and clear your name. I promise, everything will go back to normal and we'd be happy again. I'll do anything. I'd go to your house and beg on my knees for forgiveness from your parents if I have to, I wi—"

Areum forcefully stood up, biting her bottom lip as she stared at him. "I've been ambiguous earlier. I came here to tell you I don't want anything to do with you anymore."

Jungkook suddenly gave her a hard expression. He returned the same cold emotion she had.

"You said you weren't going to leave me." he said.

A tear escaped her eyes but she wiped it quickly as Jungkook stepped closer towards her.

Her hands found its way to clench his shirt in her fists. She pulled him close, taking one of her hands over his cheeks, her thumb drawing small circles against his skin. He wanted to stay in her warmth forever.