chapter 86

CHAPTER 86

Song Areum

"Does your husband even know you're here?"

"He's not my husband just yet," Areum rolled her eyes and placed the patient chart back into the files rack in the Nurse's station.

"He will be, tomorrow. Same thing," Doctor Lim snickered as he checked on his own tablet device.

When Areum passed her Attending Exams and  made the transfer to Gangnam, Doctor Lim Hyeon initially transferred with her to a different department. He pushed through with the Attending Position in the Cardiothoracic Department while Areum became an Attending  Neurosurgeon and running for the position to be the Chief of Surgery in her department.

It wasn't like Hyeon got kicked out of the bigger branch. He volunteered to leave and decided he was needed in Gangnam as much as he was in Hwangyeon Hospital, maybe even more so. Nonetheless, a familiar face helped her adjust faster when she transferred two years ago.

They both thanked the Nurses in the station before making their way to the elevator and as they walked, Areum closed her eyes and massaged the back of her neck carefully before fluttering her eyes open, exhaustion quickly settling in her body.

"You're basically everyone's favorite and you never say no when they insist you take a break—you no longer need to please anyone. Why are you still doing rounds after a 7 emergency hours of Surgery?" Hyeon asked with a hidden grin when he noticed her tired expression before pressing the button to the elevator.

Areum let out a sigh as they stepped inside the lift and placed a light grip onto the bar handle around the elevator to support her groggy state.

"They needed my help. I'm the only Attending Neurosurgeon here," she answered quietly as she felt her strength slowly deteriorating. 

"So, let the Fellows do it for you. You need a break," he stated. "We don't get much patients anyway. They still prefer Hwangyeon Hospital for some reason."

"Not in my department," Areum breathed. "They still give me critical Neurosurgery cases."

"Even so. . . it's your Wedding tomorrow."

She had to give him a small smile at the mention of her own wedding. Tomorrow, she'd be a married woman. Five years and a half into her relationship with Jeon Jungkook and it's finally happening.

"He doesn't know you came to work, does he?" Hyeon snickered as they stepped out of the elevator and made their way to her office. "Hye Jin and her sister are downstairs. Why don't you join us for dinner before you go? Meet us at the Steak House outside."

Areum nodded with a smile before they both went in different directions to get to their own separate office. She locked her door, went into her bathroom and showered quickly, making sure she'd scrubbed off all foreign microbes that might've touched her skin.