chapter 96

CHAPTER 96

Song Areum

"I'm three months pregnant," she confessed with so much relief

"I'm three months pregnant," she confessed with so much relief. "I told you my body can handle it."

All those times they'd been cold to each other, she was already pregnant the whole time. They've only been married five months and the unexpected eventually happened.

"What?" He choked out, eyes wide in a weakened state. "Really? How?"

Areum finally found relief in his warmth again as he collapsed on her side, tucking her small body on his baffled one as he carefully positioned his palm on her stomach.

"We had a lot of sex after the Wedding, why are you surprised?" She let out a weak chuckle as he let him devour and blocked out all the space and distance they had in the past months. He's back. The man she fell in love with was back.

"When did you find out?"

"Just a week ago. I've been really sick at work so I figured I'd pay Doctor Wang a visit,"

"Why didn't it show on the tests we got recently?" He asked, confused.

Areum let out a sigh. "I have thick and multiple adhesions so it didn't show on the early pregnancy stage,"

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

She looked down and shivered from the cold floor. Jungkook lifted her and carried her towards the couch in the living room as he sat her on his lap and cradled her close, never wanting to let go ever again.

"You shut me out completely, you won't look at me, you won't even touch me. . . I wasn't sure how you'd react, I didn't want you to hate me even more."

"Baby, I could never hate you—I was frustrated but I never loved you any less," he placed his forehead helplessly on her shoulder blade as he let out a sigh of extreme guilt. "You've been pregnant all those times and I was too busy fighting you,"

"I've been so scared to death I'd lose you. I'm so sorry," he muttered, voice shaking from small sobs. "I'm so so sorry,"

Areum shifted and straddled him carefully, a stinging pain on her lower back and abdomen restricted her to move freely. She held his cheeks on both sides and kissed the tears that ran his cheeks.

"I'm sorry too." She confided.

~          ~

The past storm after the Wedding and Honeymoon might have caused bumps on Jungkook and Areum's marriage but life goes on.

The members got ready for their Fanmeeting in Seoul before they depart to the US for promotions and guestings. Jungkook had been skeptical whether to attend the Fanmeet or not as he wasn't sure if the fans would be happy to meet him. Areum encouraged him to attend, insisting he'll never know if he wouldn't go. He ended up going but insisted she came with him. Jungkook never lets her out of his sight since the day he found out they were pregnant. He probably felt guilty over his prior actions but Areum knew he was keeping her close because he was even more worried now that there was a life inside her. He'd have to protect her and the baby from now on.