chapter 44

CHAPTER 44

Jeon Jungkook

It was two days before their flight for the BTS Comeback World Tour

It was two days before their flight for the BTS Comeback World Tour. Three weeks before the actual concert at Rose Bowl Stadium in Los Angeles. The members have rehearsed for months prior and earned a long time to rest before their departure for the tour.

During their last days in Seoul, Jungkook made sure he constantly did their laundry, made Kimchi with Areum, cooked meals and learned a few dishes and local delicacies with her in between their lovemaking every day to late at night. They cleaned the house together, watched movies and sitcoms on the couch and in bed while half of the time, Jungkook would remind her to take her meds and protein shake after their workout. They were both determined to make memories together as much as they could before they part ways physically for six months or more.

Somehow, leaving to live up to his passion became a little harder knowing he's already got someone waiting for him to get home. However, Areum was never burdensome. She didn't want him to stop because his life in the spotlight had gotten more complicated since they got together. He knew at some point she'd give up something again just to be with him and he can't let that happen. If she won't be a burden to him then he most certainly didn't dream to be a hindrance to her as well.

"You're still here?" Areum came into the kitchen and placed her purse over the counter before wrapping her arms around his waist from his back.

He turned off the stove and let the jjigae simmer down.

"I was waiting for you,"

She went out to meet with her mentor at the hospital to discuss her progress and recovery, probably about work too. He hoped it had something to do with her going back to work. It was killing her, doing nothing at home.

"We said our goodbyes this morning," she chuckled and let go of him as she proceeded to get some water for herself.

Jungkook was supposed to stay with the members in their shared dorm for their last two days in Seoul as they would have a ton of schedules in place before their departure. They both decided to bid farewell early to each other, assuming it would be less harder to part at the same day Jungkook would fly out. She didn't want to see him off, she claimed she wouldn't be able to let him go. Perhaps, she just couldn't take the constant reminder of their borrowed time together so she wanted to part while she still had the strength left  to do so. It was the same for Jungkook, he can't bring himself to say goodbye to her over and over—he wished he didn't have to.

"I made you dinner, I added tofu instead of meat on the Kimchi Jjigae. There's chicken breast in the fridge, I marinated it already. I got a couple piece beef sirloin in the freezer, have some red meat once in a while," he went around and cleaned the kitchen as she watched him by the counter.