7 - Superstorm!

February 4, 2021

Denver, Colorado

Eviana's Diary

I sit down on my bed as lightning flashes outside my window and the booming of thunder crashes like a percussion line in a band. The wind outside howls like a chorus of ghostly wolves. And rain beats against the glass like a hundred a wrestler landing fatal blows to an opponent's head. I hold the pulsating wand in my fingers and look it over.

Why is it pulsating like this?

I hold it up in front of me and give it another flick, this time shouting another magical incantation that comes to my mind, "Alakazam!"

Again nothing happens, except that the same few sparks shoot out from the starry tip. Outside, there's a bright flash of lightning and an ear-splitting clash of thunder that almost makes me jump out of my skin.

But I clutch the wand tightly with two hands now. How to activate this thing?

I glance toward my computer, where the script of Sonyeondan is displayed. Could it be...? It couldn't be that easy?! Could it?

I close my eyes.

Maybe...the command isn't familiar...what if I just say, 'K-Pop' or some random word? Then I can think about meeting J'TASK with Jaydrian and everything should work!? Right?! I steady my breathing and keep my eyes closed and my two hands gripping tightly onto the stick of the wand.

The storm outside rages on, but I am able to tap into my mind and focus, closing my hearing off from the real world.

After a long, hollywood-like, drawn-out pause and breath, I flick the wand once more ahead of me and shout out, "Sonyeondan!" My mind is focused, imagining the smiling face of Jimin and the others with Jaydrian's presence at her side.

My eyes then snap open and the wand is glowing brightly. It's no longer pulsating.

Shocked that the word worked and curiously excited about what is going on, I jump up to my feet. My eyes are still locked on the glowing wand in my hand as I begin to walk around my room.

It worked! The wand works!

Suddenly, a bolt of electricity jets out of the starry tip and shoots up at my ceiling. As soon as it connects, the power flashes off and bathes my apartment in darkness. There's a soft rumble of thunder from the storm as well.

I'm not sure if the wand or storm or both combined actually shut off my power, but I gasp at the sudden darkness. I blink, holding the still glowing wand in my hands. I find myself unable to move, until another jet of electricity shoots out at me.

The blinding bolt strikes me right in the chest, knocking me off of my feet. I keep a tight grip on the wand, however, as I sail backward and slam against my bed. The force is enough to knock the wind out of me.

Another loud crack of thunder booms outside and my vision blurs over as searing pain erupts from somewhere. I'm not sure where, though, it hurts all over. It's like a sharp pain from a dozen swords stabbing into my back, neck and head.

Then blackness.

A block away from my house, Jaydrian Herondale checks out his reflection in a mirror. He gives himself two finger guns as the storm rages outside. "You are such a good-looking man. Eviana will eventually come across and finally desire to date you. You're more than her best friend and you both know it."

He spins on his heels and faces his window, looking out at the severe storm pummeling Denver. He looks in the direction of where his best friend's house would be. That's when the blinding light appears and glows brighter.

Jaydrian throws his arm up to shield his vision.

The light encompasses the window, blocking him from seeing anything out the window. He closes his eyes and his ears pick up a foriegn, soft, soothing and sensual ballad song. With hints of a delicate electronic-tinged R&B in it, the song fills him with a dreamlike quality, which floods through him as well as an unraveling sense of joy, conviction and the curiosity of the concept of love from the music.

Too bad it doesn't last much longer as the light begins to fade and a light spring-like wind blows around him, buffeting his hair and clothes.

Slowly he drops his hand from his eyes.

Deep in the heart of Downtown Denver, Jimin awakens with a loud gasp. He'd just fallen asleep, when the first loud crack of thunder strikes. He grasps tightly to the hotel's sheets as he calms his racing heart. There is another blinding flash of light.

Jimin isn't necessarily scared of lightning, but he hates the loud thunder that follows bright flashes of the phenomenon.

Yet another bright light comes from outside the window, but this one doesn't dim or go away in a flash. In fact, the light gets brighter and brighter.

"TaeTae...?" Jimin calls out, twisting to the side to look at the bed to his side where JT is fast asleep. "Tae--"

Before he can get out anymore, the bright flash encompasses the room and a fierce wind whips around him. He screams, but notices that JT is sound asleep and not moving, almost like this is only happening to Jimin and JT is unphased. The wind pulls him from the bed and sends him flying toward the window, which has become a churning black misty portal.

There are shrill cawing sounds, amongst other strange and foriegn noises that come from the oval-shape.

Then just like that, the portal, light and Jimin are gone, plunging the room back into darkness.

JT lets out a soft snore, before he slowly fades away and materializes into sparkles. He dissolves in his bed, leaving no person behind.

In the other few rooms, Astro, Suga and Kookie fade slowly and dissolve into sparkles as well.