13 - Saving Jimin? I Think NOT!

February 6, 2021

Sonyeondan

Eviana's Diary

Jaydrian and I take a tree trunk to hide behind. We peer out to watch the horrible ambush. I recognize the characters from my novel: a cyclops-warrior, a shapeshifter (who has taken the form of a snarling wolf), a witch, a wizard and an evil fairy.

"Come to rescue your friend?" the evil fairy taunts, gripping tightly to the end of the net that has taken Kookie as its captive.

"We heard the terrible singing from our patrol," the witch cackles as she and the wizard hold firmly onto each of Suga's arms.

Suga spits and jerks at the holds in fury. "LET GO OF ME, YOU ASSHOLES!"

From the safety of the trunks, I can see that the cyclops creature has a hold on Astro. He has a sharp and jagged dagger pressed against the singer's throat. The wolf has pinning JT to the grass at the base of the cherry blossom tree. The guitar lying smashed to pieces around him.

I stifle a gasp and cover my mouth so that Jaydrian and I aren't given away. We're the only hope that J'TASK has.

I glimpse Jaydrian to my side. His mouth is agape and he is gripping the trunk tightly, trying to hold back his rage. I know he wants to rush out and kick ass to save the musicians, but no matter how much he wants to, he can't.

"Let's bring them to Obsidian Shade!" the shapeshifter shouts out, morphing from wolf to a human girl. She looks every bit as evil and dastardly as I remember crafting her character to be. Darkness oozes off of her.

"Where's Jimin?!" Suga snarls, filled with the brave fight of a warrior.

"You'll see him soon enough, Min Soojin," the wizard spits at him.

The witch gives another wicked cackle.

Jaydrian and I watch helplessly as the villains force Astro, JT, Suga and Kookie away from us and the cherry blossom trees. Laughing evilly, they vanish into the heart and steam clouds that come from Baepsae.

Unable to hold back any longer, Jaydrian darts out of the cover and skids to a halt, looking in the direction of the shadowland's border. I gradually join him, my heart pounding against my chest and my nerves getting the best of me.

"This is bad!" Jaydrian gasps out.

"Yeah, I know...I did ALL of this!" I growl, pounding a fist against the cherry blossom trunk that is nearest to me. "If I hadn't..."

"It is NOT your fault, Eviana. Look, I would have done the same thing you did. The good news is that the two of us are still here. We just need to come up with a new plan...can that wand do anything more than conjure up guitars and portals?" Jaydrian gestures to the wand still tightly grasped in my hand.

I lift the wand up. "There's only one person who knows about this. I remember I wrote about a wise character."

Jaydrian looks at me, eagerly.

"The only thing is...well, he's a dragon..." I say, tapping the tip of the wand against the palm of my other hand. "His name is Robin."

"Mikrokosmos?" Jaydrian sighs, slapping his forehead.

"Mikrokosmos." I turn toward the forest that we'd come from. "Back in the south part of Euphoria."

"Is there...any other way? Without having to waste much time..." Jaydrian questions, looking at me with hope.

I bite my lip and then flick the wand up into the air. I think about help and the wand and swivel the object in the air in a circle. It glows brightly and then, as if in immediate response, a voice rings out.

"That wand is indeed very magical!" the voice, a sweet sultry female's, speaks to them. "You can create an army of creatures to fight against evil. You can bring dragons, griffins, chimeras, centaurs, unicorns, any mythical creature from the world of Sonyeondan to help you in your mission."

The voice and glow disappear.

A rumble sounds, before a dozen battle-ready creatures gather at the edge of the forest. Pegasus, centaurs and unicorns stamp their hooves and give nays, chimeras, griffins and dragons roar and large dire wolves howl.

I lower the wand, blinking in shock and look at the equally stunned Jaydrian.

"Well, alright then," Jaydrian finally says. "I guess that answers that question then."

I chuckle. "Guess Obsidian forgot about the wand." I tease it in the air with a smile. "As long as we have this, we'll save the boys and win!"

"FIGHTING!" Jaydrian shouts out and charges for the border of Baepsae.

"FIGHTING!" I shout out and charge after him, throwing the wand in the air like a sword battle gesture.

The creatures all give a battle cry and race after me. The winged beasts taking flight and we all dash across the border, dodging the steam and thorns in the process. Jaydrian suddenly skids to a halt, his eyes wide.

A few feet away, sits a dark castle. Sharp points on its towers and a thorn thicket surrounding it, making it look like a structure straight out of Disney's Sleeping Beauty. Lightning flickers overhead and the screams of Astro, JT, Suga and Kookie can be heard from inside. There's another scream as well, one of pain and agony.

I skid to a halt at Jaydrian's side, the wand flung down to my side once more. I gasp. "Jimin! That's Jimin!"