35 ◈ Ambrosia

Forewarning: Descriptions of blood (?), gore (??), spice (???) just, I finally get to write Hyunjin being a vampire and I had fun with it

Seungmin fiddled with the papers on the desk. His back was turned to the door as it creaked open and shut, the sliver of light from the hallway outside illuminating the cracks it poured into as if it were a liquid; The spotlight of it's saving hue casting across the floor of the room. Onto the brown strands of the human, onto his back as he shifted around the desk, onto the tweaks and bends of his profile. The light casted on his uniform blazer set draped the seat next to him.

As the door behind him smothered the hint of salvation as it closed with a gentle click, Seungmin talked softly, the noise hardly audible over the constant pounding of his heart in the vampire's eardrums,

"Judging from the steps... Hyunjin?"

Hyunjin slipped his heavy fingers over the doorknob. It clicked. Locked.

He stepped toward the comforting tone, his shoes against the dorm floor quiet, his breath even quieter as he inhaled the sweet smell of sage.

It swirled the fog in his mind. Stirring up the irresistible string which bound him to the younger, snagging around his throat and his wrists, pulling him closer as he saw himself moving through the haze yet, couldn't break it. Couldn't entirely break through. Couldn't snap his arm the proper way, couldn't fling his neck back, couldn't escape it's hold on him.

And it felt heavy. The lead in his veins was heavy, the sipping grime drawing from his limbs was heavy, the pull of his eyelids down was heavy, heavy, it dragged him. It dragged his posture, down. It dragged his shoulders, down. It dragged his eyes, down, until he was staring solely at the slim lower back of the human too captured in conquering his tasks to notice the darkened figure creeping slowly behind him, wanting to pull him, drag him, down until he was powerless. Not powerless in any sense of lust or desire, he didn't want the human in that way, he didn't want to even think about him in that way, but the difference, how quickly, he could take away every inch of humanity's tall pride by simply dragging him, down. Heavy, to the level the vampire stooped as he inhaled the last of his reasoning flickering out.

His hands left his sides, and the person he reached for, had never seemed as small as he did from the angled view between the vampire's fingertips.

"It's been a few days," Seungmin kept talking to him in a quiet tone, arrogance washed away from his lips as he continued to try sparking a conversation in the overwhelming silence, "How is everything? Did Jisung mention me talking about you? Is that why you're here?"

The vampire grabbed the back of the human's collar, a surprised yelp forced out of Seungmin's throat as he yanked back. Hyunjin dragged the younger, mercilessly, ignoring the nails clawing into his wrist, ignoring the strangled noises from the human as his shirt dug into his throat, ignoring the pained hisses and swears as he tossed the human against the wall like he was nothing but a rag.

Like he was nothing but an object.

Something to be torn.

Something to be bit into,

And destroyed.

Because once, he may have been. Him, the retrograde craving, a past mistake the vampire had slipped into by accident, and the consuming chills crawling on his spine.

There, snared by barbed wire in the darkness of the dorm room, ankle bitten down by the bear traps of the human's unyielding scowl and the drunken daze he narrowed his eyes to see through, tangled tightly in the roped netting of their own poor choices, and stuck. Lost in the thicket of the forest, the vampire trapped him among the moss and the canopy of evergreen leaves threatening to become their graves. Although Seungmin kept that image of a silver revolver locked on his hip firm in their minds, this time Hyunjin was the one with the bullets. This time, he was the one with the shotgun. This time, he was the one checking the inveigles hidden underneath the fallen coppice. This time, it wasn't Seungmin. This time, he was the one who trapped his spoils.