4 ◈ Reasons for Nothing

"Oooohhhh that little shit," Jeongin hissed at the vending machine. A rattling bang chased the firm kick he set to it's body, the inanimate object shuttering with the strength jolted through it's metal skeleton. The younger fumed, an exasperated laugh leaving his lips as he grabbed his potato chips from the vendor and nearly ripped the bag in half, "He pisses me off."

Hyunjin's head fell to his friend, the invading rays of the spring sun not blocked off by the proper awning above their heads beginning to burn at the back of his neck and bleach the tips of his hair. The warmth was crawling into his spine until it leaked, into his veins until they dried, leeching off the albedo of his threads to not vanish into the deepest depths of the underworld; Not an unwelcomed coziness but certainly one that was unfitting of the harsh cold he felt radiating from the direction of the younger, and from Minho lounging a bit aways against one of the metal support beams bearing the full weight of the solid shade. Of them, Hyunjin was the only one that felt the heat of the sun. Of them, he was the only one trying to maintain an air of indifference.

Naturally, he told them of the events that transpired in the orchestra's storage room. Naturally, they couldn't bite their tongues long enough to subdue the sharp swears directed towards a certain someone not present in their conversation. Naturally, it was not the first time they heard stories of a similar stature, and it wouldn't be the last time it would be brought up. That much was obvious; It was in the way Hyunjin rolled his shoulders forward, in the way the usually uninterested stare of his dropped to the ground, and in the way his fangs dug ad nauseum into the soft bend of his lips.

Hyunjin just shook his head as he murmured, "Don't get riled about it."

"Seriously? How are you not 'riled' about that? You got told to your face that you're disgusting for something you don't even have a choice in," Minho narrowed his eyes, a pressing jaunt to his voice that was hardly noticeable to someone who wasn't familiar with his nature. His arms came to cross tightly over his chest, lazy fingers rapping lightly at the top of his resting elbow and nails banging against the bone as if it were a drum to be played. It might've been loud enough to be, with the way it echoed within the shade of that rest area, and with the way it even attracted Jeongin to stare idly at his arms. A strange look flashed across his eyes as they trained on Minho. Strange enough to not be identified, but familiar enough to notice it was there. I wonder what that was?

"He has said worse to me," Hyunjin shook the reluctant validation from his vocal chords. When his friends only looked at him with a pressed, and arguably disappointed, gleam forcing a debate otherwise in the battlefield of eyes, he continued to urge a peacefulness onto them, "We have our reasons, I'm sure he has his too."

"I think you're trying to rationalize something that isn't rational. Let's be honest, there's really no difference between vampires and humans anymore," Jeongin shot back. He trudged over with his shredded bag of salty potato chips, and flopped down on the seats of the picnic bench to sit with Hyunjin, legs crossing over themselves to act twice as dramatic as he actually was while his shoulder nearly slammed into the other with every twist of his body. It didn't seem like he noticed. Or cared, as he simply continued to snack on the chips with firm crunches, and an air of aloofness to his words, "We eat the same things they do, do the same things they do, there's not any reason to hate you as much as he does. We're accessorized humans with a few extra laws put on us, that's it."

Hyunjin had half the mind to tell him to scoot over, to give him a few centimeters of room to not be throttled by his shoulder every time one of them breathed, to not be hugging against his side to leech the warmth he himself had taken from the rays of heat behind them, though with the fuming air of something a tad bit dangerous wafting from his friend it might not have been the wisest idea to ask him to move. The only up side was the fact his potato chips were easily accessible, and snatchable from the filmsy container. As Hyunjin stole the crisps, sly hands sneaking into the bag every so often to claim a few for his own yearning tastebubs, he pondered, If I'm quiet, he'll eventually notice he's too close.