✦11✧

The first move Itachi made was to delicately pluck the red rose from the vase that decorated the middle of the small round table, the flames of the candles swayed with his swift motion. "Did you know, Vin?" he spoke up gently as he twirled the rose by its stem, "[Name] was never fond of red roses," and pinched each petal one by one down to the bud.

"Thanks for the tip," Vin hummed, letting the round tracking device to roll off the edge of the table onto his palm. "Also, please feel free to call me Vincent. Hearing you call me Vin sounds... awkward."

"Oh, am I not worthy for that privilege?" Itachi inquired, glancing at Vin after tossing the single shrub over his shoulder.

"That's not it. I just prefer her voice sounding out my name."

Itachi scowled and Vin smiled, spilling out a short laugh through his smug lips. "Oops~"

They both leaned back on their chairs—Itachi posed his hand at his cheek while Vin confidently crossed his arms over his chest, smirking to his reaction. It may seem Vin was enjoying this turn of events, but he wasn't prepared to face Itachi. At all. All he could do is improvise and figured this moment could be both a disadvantage and beneficial.

"I know what you mean," said Itachi after much staring, playing with a few strands of his long bangs. "I've heard [Name]'s voice in many, many ways."

Vin chuckled, pleased to know he peaked his competitive tone. What he didn't know, however, is that Itachi's index finger was actually adjusting the tiny ear spy in his left ear, through where Sasuke and a group of investigators were listening the conversation in an undercover van near the restaurant.

"We're in position," Sasuke informed through the ear spy. "Try to get as much out of him as possible."

Sitting up and leaning forward to prop his elbows on the table, Itachi prepared himself to sort out this hellhole, when suddenly the opening flap of the curtain interrupted.

"E-excuse me, gentlemen." The waitress poked her head through the curtain and waited for Vin's permitting nod to step inside, a bottle of white wine in one hand and two flute glasses in the other. "I apologize in advance if our services are delayed this evening," she uttered as she hurried to set down the bottle in between, uncorking it to pour each glass with grace—only to halt when Itachi rose his palm to keep his empty. "Um... W-we are quite busy today, but please do enjoy your stay!"

Both men smiled at the woman, who laughed nervously to distract the blush on her cheeks after realizing their level of good looks packed in one room.  She slightly bowed and excused herself out of the room, allowing Itachi to continue his confrontation.

"Seems you had a very detailed date planned out." His gaze narrowed to see Vin reaching for his glass, about to enjoy that sparkling drink as if nothing was wrong. 'I'm right in front you, yet...' Itachi's annoyance sparked; he fought the aching urge to slap that glass out of his hand—

CRASH!

Too late.

"What happened?!" Ignoring Sasuke's concerned voice booming in his ear, Itachi frowned as he pulled back his hand that sent the flute glass flying to the ground before it even made contact to Vin's lips.

"Hey now..."

"You got a curious character, Vincent." Itachi gathered his composure and sits back down, fixing the tablecloth he wrinkled after rattling the table. "You're so calm despite who's in front of you..." Grabbing the neck of the wine bottle, Itachi whirled around in his chair and flipped the bottle upside-down to stick it into a nearby plant, emptying its golden liquid into the soil. "But I am not here to celebrate."