✦13✧

She yelped as she stumbled and slapped her hands onto the doorway of the bathroom, causing Itachi to look at her. He stopped the knot of his tie and rushed to [Name], catching her before she could trip on her feet again.

“Are you alright?” he asked, gently pulling her arm around his shoulder for support while she pressed a hand at her forehead. She hissed in pain once her temple throbbed.

“I’m fine, Itachi. Just woke up a little dizzy is all-” She winced, leaning on his shoulder to wait out a moment of sudden dizziness, but smiled up at him anyway. “I… didn’t eat dinner last night.”

Itachi let out a deep sigh, hiding the scowl after hearing this. “You said you had eaten already,” he said heavily as he walked her to the bed and sat her down. “No wonder there was so much leftover.”

“Sorry… I’ve been too focused on studying lately that—” She stopped herself from admitting furthermore and bit on her lip, while he kneeled in front of her, quirking a brow at her sheepish expression.

“You lied to me?”

Her weight shrunk into the mattress. I’ve lied about many things, unfortunately, she thought in shame.

“I-I didn’t feel like eating,” came her partial confession. It was majorly her lack of sleep that’s been affecting her, but she didn’t dare to say that out loud or else she’d get an infinite lecture! She blew through her lips when Itachi showed her another frown. See? Just by him knowing that she didn’t eat her dinner once means a lecture already. Ah, here we go…

“How are you going to pass your finals if you pass out right on your desk?”

“Itachi, it’s just this time that’s happened. I won’t do it again.”

“The stress can make you sick. Don’t over-work yourself,” he toned out warningly, gently pressing his palm against her warm cheek, stroking her apple as she gazed at him. Although she showed that loveable look for him, he noticed something was off about her complexion. She’s warmer than usual.

“Sorry,” she croaked out. “Finals are merely weeks away… I just want to pass and graduate.”

“And you will—but I don’t want you unhealthy because of it.”

She scoffed with a lazy roll of her eyes and smiled. “Don’t… Don’t lecture me, please… I’m-I’m aware of the consequences-hm...”

He chuckled as her words slurred towards the end, until she eventually closed her eyes and let her head fall on his hand. Itachi shook his head yet allowed her to rest on his hand for a few seconds while he studied her. Her weak, exhausted state reminded him of his own college years: purposely burning his brain to a crisp and even slept on his desk while studying, only to wake up the next morning in a very confused state—plus, he was gifted a very obvious red mark on the right half of his face.

But a red mark on her face won’t suit her,’ Itachi thought, chuckling when she began to tilt sideways.

“Ironically, the medical student is at the verge of those consequences already. C’mon—wake up, [Name].” He gently smacked her cheek twice, startling her awake, and pulled back his hand to stand up. “Why don’t you just stay at home today and make it up online?”

“I can’t,” she yawned out, rubbing her eyes wearily. “I have a presentation today… and I promised the head trainer to sub for her.”

Itachi wanted to insist, or rather force her to stay, but after five years of dealing with a woman like the one who was dozing off at the corner of the bed, he knew she wouldn’t budge even if he begged her. “Then make sure to eat something before you go”, he suggested as he finished his tie. “Are you sure you can drive?”