✦03✧

There were many questions running through her mind as [Name] constantly side-glanced the man next to her. While he focused on the road, she fidgeted around; her fingers scratched at her knees and her toes curled in her sneakers. She could list all the questions, but there was only one that bothered her at the very moment.

Why in the spinning Earth did Vin have a gun?

“Have you fallen for me already?”

She jumped in her seat, blinking unnecessarily fast. Had she been staring instead of side-glancing like she thought she was? “…what? Fallen?”

He shook his head. “You’re staring, [Name].”

“Well sorry, but I’m just…very confused.”

“I’m driving you home. There’s nothing to be confused about.”

She grunted at his tone, as if he was avoiding what just happened earlier. Or more like she knew he tried to avoid it. “May I ask how is it you know that ma—?”

“He’s my cousin,” he answered rather quickly. “Was it this street, your home?”

“No, it’s two more blocks.” Sensing the tension in the small space of his car, she swallowed before diving in completely. “Vin, why did your cousin ask me of being an Uchiha? What does he have against them?”

“Nothing.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” [Name] muttered, tightening her jaw at the poker face he wore while driving nonchalantly. “A gun to my back is not ‘nothing’.”

“Just forget it, or you won’t be able to sleep tonight.”

She growled; her patience wearing thin. “He assaulted me, Vin—!” But was cut off when the car suddenly swerved into a secluded street with very little light. The car roughly stopped, making her lunge forward as they parked under a light post with its bulbs flickering on and off. With the engine still running, Vin turned to look at the frightened girl who stared at him through the darkness.

“[Name], all you have to know is Gio mistook you for someone else,” he said huskily, leaning closer so she could see half of his shady face. “Just forget about what happened because it will never happen again.”

Although frightened at his change of persona, she shook her head. “No. You’re related to him which means you must be part of this-this search.”

“You know nothing of the sort and it doesn’t concern you, so why do you care?”

“Why?” Her brows jumped. “Have you forgotten? Because I’m married to one—I am an Uchiha, so it does concern me.” [Name] couldn’t see, but Vin was scowling. His lips parted and closed, unable to keep up with the words his tongue wanted to create.

“You’re…married?”

“Duh.” She scoffed, lifting her ring hand with a roll of her eyes. “You really thought a rare and foreign last name like Uchiha was mine by coincidence?” She ended with a short laugh, but Vin wouldn’t answer after seconds of silence, so she stared out the windshield. “You know what; I’ll do you a solid and drop it this once, so just take me home, please? My family will be worried.”

“. . . Huh?” His answer came after another awkward pause.

“Home. Take me there. I have a husband and daughter to attend,” she said delicately, as if she spoke to a child. The first day he met her, he swore to see no ring on her left hand; however now Vin tightened up to the added details of a child.

“Uh, yeah”—he shifted in his seat—“Of course.” He sat up to set the gear into drive, but, instead, winced when the sting in his shoulder disabled him from doing so, causing [Name] to worry. “Are you okay?” And then the car lights turned on, she gasped. “V-vin, your shoulder…?” His white shirt had stained with dark forming dots.