❖Prologue❖

❖Prologue❖

The tires of her car screeched along the parking space, causing nearby pedestrians to jump, startled, and turn their heads in shock. [Name] didn't even notice she parked on a 'No Parking' zone, nor did she care. All she cared about is finding him on time.

Four minutes left.

"Shit!" She slammed the car door shut, stuffed the keys into her pocket and started sprinting through the swarm of people. It was spring break, and every inch was packed with drunken college kids, rollerblading, and booming music.

Her lungs filled and emptied with heavy panting as she raced through the busy grounds of Venice Beach boardwalk. She frantically whipped her head left and right, searching for only him. 'He couldn't have gone far,' she hoped ever so and swiftly navigated towards the danger where she knew was about to occur at a punctual time.

"Please...!" [Name] spat through her teeth. The salty, warm wind dried her beading tears as she kept on running, her soles aching with every step. Those tears were of anger- angry with herself for causing all this trouble. If only she'd requested help from the very beginning then she wouldn't need to be pushing her limits to find him like a ticking bomb!

Her watch now counting down only two minutes left, [Name] pumped her arms and kicked her legs faster, but the closer she reached her destination, the crowds increased to block her path. This scene is ideal, of course; she knew the massive number of people were to purposely slow her down.

Finally standing in the middle of the boardwalk, her chest heaved desperately for air, beads of sweat rolled down her temples as [Name] darted her eyes at every direction. The longer she spent scanning for any sign of his raven hair the dizzier she became, and grits her teeth as time slowly constricted at her throat.

One minute left...

That ticking hand would be the death of her.

Anxiety suddenly bubbled up at her throat, aching to scream his name, but the hand slapping at her forehead helped recover her composure. She turned her body to the right, agitated, only to gasp when she finally locks on her precious target. Exactly 100 Meters across from her-at the heart of the boardwalk- Itachi wore a stern gaze as he, too, searched his surroundings.

With only mere seconds ticking in her head, [Name] wasted no time and used whatever was left in her system to close in the gap; she reached out her arm, stretched her fingers out and, with the strength left in her voice, yelled out his name for Itachi to whirl around in time to catch her fatigued fall.

"[Name]!?"

"Go!" she shouted, pushing him back. "Please... GO!"

"No," Itachi lectured, stepping away from her grasp. "I'm here to protect you!"

"It's YOU who needs protecting!"

"Do you not trust me?!"

"I do," she replied softly, holding onto his face. "Wholeheartedly, but trust ME when I tell you... RUN. PLEASE-!" Her beeping watch left her frozen, turning her blood cold.

"[NAME]?!" Itachi shook his stunned wife by her stiff shoulders until she stares at him, frightened.

"...Time's up," she said shakily.

"What?"

SHICK, SHICK!

Within the booming sound of music and cheery celebration surrounding the area, [Name] blinks to the left towards a thick palm tree, where the distant sound of a familiar gun cocked its bullet.

Smirking under his black fedora, a silhouetted man points his glistening gun at the man she loves; his finger delicately clasping the trigger.

Her eyes widened in terror.

...

"ITACHI!"