Chapter Eleven: Turning Point

"W-Wow..."

"This is the rift between worlds..."

Glade and Chloe stood side by side, standing on top of one of many golden gears scattered about. They were in between worlds, floating about a unseen galaxy filled with endless bright stars and radiant vortexs. Glade stood at ease and looked below, staring at a shimmering golden ocean. Chloe fell to her knees and looked down in awe, "Is this where...you live, Glade...?"

"Yes. I have drifted through this hidden realm for years. Majority of my life I have never met many that are like me. But, I always had the feeling that there were others. Others like Jinx and I..."

"Jinx...Aren't you two supposed to be allies?" Chloe looked up at Glade, the light from the ocean brightening his skin tone.

"We could have been, but his goals are different from mine. I always believed we were destined to do different things, which means we had different goals from the start...No one ever told us of what we had to do, but Jinx and I always knew..."

"But...what he's doing is wrong. Instead of protecting L'osteria, he's creating war. Why would he do that?" Chloe stood up, anger rising in her voice.

"I have no idea. Maybe...he found the answer to the reason why we are alive..."

"Then you would do the same?!"

Glade stared at her, shocked at her intense eyes, "I...I want to protect people...not hurt them..."

"I know you do...I believe in you, Glade. Jinx has now involved the people I love...Only you can stop him..."

He nodded slowly, looking towards the radiant green vortex brimming with energy from afar, "I am well aware of that now...I will put him down."

Chloe nodded to herself and followed his gaze, "Is that...L'osteria...?"

"Yes." He pointed over to a adjacent vortex, a radiant aqua blue, "That is your world...Earth..."

Chloe looked around slowly, mesmerized by the vibrant and colorful vortexs around them that lead off into different alternate timelines. Glade watched her, but suddenly held his left ear, "Huh...?"

"What's wrong?" Chloe asked.

"I could have sworn I had heard something..."

Keeper...

"I guess it was not my imagination..." Glade said, looking up towards L'osteria.

Keeper...I feel that a turning point is upon L'osteria.

"Turning point...? Who are you...?" Glade said slowly, watching as Chloe stared at him.

I am Light. Keeper of L'osteria. I require your assistance.

"Keeper of L'osteria...Now you show yourself to me? How come I could not sense your presence?"

It is better to talk face-to-face...

Glade shot his head up at L'osteria and watched the radiant vortex become wild, swift green lightning bolts swarmed over it. Afterwards, a bright light appeared near the heart of the vortex. Chloe stared in awe as the bright light shot out of the vortex's mouth and zoomed towards them. Chloe stood close beside Glade and the light landed gracefully upon the gear floating in front of them. Carefully, Glade stepped forward and stared at two individuals once the light died.

"N-Nessa...?!" Chloe said with wide eyes.

"Chloe...It's been a while..." Light smiled sadly.

"W-Where have you been?! How did you get here?!"