Chapter Fifthteen: Curse

"I will be doing the questioning, Alistair."

"Like hell you will!" Gauntlet's voice boomed, his veins popping out his neck.

Edge grabbed his axe off of his back, preparing to attack, "What are members of Raid doing here?!"

"We're here for Reid Sullivan, like Laine had said before. Hand him over and your King's life will be in no danger." Vex explained, holding a assault rifle in his hands.

"Why should I give him to you? It is better to keep him locked up. Why take the chances of letting out a huge threat to the world?" Gauntlet asked carefully, his eyes darting between them.

Laine lowered her weapon, "I understand what he is capable of Alistair. You weren't the only one present in Vanguard..."

The King became silent, studying Laine's eyes. She shifted her gaze, "I've heard some things, Alistair...Some very disturbing news..."

"News...?" Gauntlet stared.

"Terront...Terront is alive."

He waved his hand, dropping his gaze to the table, "Nonsense...My old friend is dead and gone. You, of all people, should know that for a fact..."

"Though, it was a fact. I have proof of this. This proof lies in Reid Sullivan." Laine cut her eyes over at Guillian. "That man also knows the truth of all this."

Attention was drawned to Guillian and his icy blue eyes locked onto Laine, "What makes you think I know something?"

"You was there. I saw you with that damned merchant."

Ethan watched Guillian carefully, "What is she talking about, Guillian?"

"I recommend that we seize this woman where she stands! She speaks of lies!" Guillian shot up, his hands beginning to grow dark fur.

Vex aimed at him, "Calm down there, wolfy. Contain that temper of yours."

"Silence!" Gaunlet spoke with authority. "Tell me of what you speak of Laine."

"I came across them in Maesteria. Who would believe that a powerful aristocrat from Ulant would be selling information to a devil?! That is the reason around the fact that Ulant was attacked last night!"

"Lies!" Guillian roared. "You have no proof of my whereabouts in Maesteria. I have been in Ulant this whole month!"

Laine smirked and held up a bone necklace, "Here is my proof..."

Guillian slammed his fists on the table, flipping it easily with his overwhelming strength. He immediately shifted forms, taking form as a dark, huge alpha wolf. Ethan, Remi, and Edge took action as soon as the table flipped. Edge dove over Gaunlet, crashing to the ground. Remi drawed her weapon with her uninjured arm, holding a cautious stance. Ethan merely stood and moved out of range of the table, watching Vex and Laine flip with the table and Vex running his foot underneath it, making the table slamming into Guillian. The alpha caught the large table with ease, his thick nails digging into the table. Edge picked up Gaunlet, moving him to the double door exit, "We need to leave, Your Highness!"

Guillian growled, slinging the large table towards Gaunlet's way. Laine and Vex dove out of the way and Ethan shouted to Edge, "Edge, behind you!"

Edge gritted his teeth and covered Gaunlet, but the King pushed him aside and took the table head-on. His skull met with the hard wood and the table shattered into pieces upon contact with his forceful head. He stood tall for a brief second, but eventually swayed. Remi gasped, watching as their King fell helplessly to the ground, "King Gaunlet!"

Ethan slammed his palms on the ground, rising rock from below crashing into Guillian, shooting him through the ceiling. Guillian retreated, leaving his tracks upon the roof of the meeting room. "We will follow him! Take care of Alistair!" Laine shouted, running for the exit with Vex at her side.

"N-Night?!"

Rydia stared hard at Vincent's back, "It is you..."

He turned to her, noticing that August, Raine, and Liam were with her, "What are you doing here, Rydia?"

She ignored his question, "That is besides the point! This whole time you have been here?!"

Vincent crossed his arms, bearing a sly smirk, "I needed to get out of Kouka. My thieving life just was not working well there."

"Wait...this guy is that Night...? The same person who stole the Alast?" August asked Rydia, a warning glare being shot at Vincent.

"Easy, August..." Liam grabbed his shoulder, watching two individuals walk up from behind Vincent.

Rydia's gaze shifted to Alexia, "Alexia Von Xanto..."

"It has been ages since I have heard the name..." Alexia smirked sadly, her gaze leveled with Rydia.

Sven rested his hand on Vincent's shoulder, "Friends of yours?"

"Wait, you are Sven Locke, right...?" Raine started. "Former War General of Flora..."

"That is right..." Sven said strongly, his neck bulging veins. "Princess of Kouka, shouldn't you return back home?"

"I cannot return home." Rydia explained. "Not until the war is over..."

"The King refuses to let you live there, huh...?" Vincent stared, fully understanding the situation. "The guy was always thoughtful of those he loved..."

"Xanto, Locke, Walker!"

The members of Vanguard stood at attention, staring down the palace's royal corridor leading to the throne room. Rydia's group turned towards the voice of authority. Andrea pulled along Reid, a few guards surrounding them for security purposes. Smirking boldly, Reid spoke to Andrea, "You certainly don't play around."

"Do you really take me as a joke? Count your blessings that our King listens to your story." Andrea spoke solemnly.

"Cyrus?"

Liam took a step forward, stopping Andrea's group, "You are Cyrus, right...?"

"Great timing, pal. Get me outta these chains, yeah?" Reid grinned, holding out his silver chained arms.

"I am not letting you out of my sights." Andrea glared at him, afterwards gazing at Liam, "Who are you?"

"I am Liam Flaunt, heir to the throne of Maesteria."

Reid's jaw easily dropped, "W-What?!"

"Nonsense. Liam Flaunt is dead." Vincent said, shaking his head in denial.

"I guess my presence isn't enough, huh...?" Liam smirked, his arm glowing a bright gold color.

A hand wrapped around his arm, his plan to reveal his Ancient stopped by Raine. She instead revealed her own, shouldering their identity, "We need not explain ourselves. We are the royal bloodline of Maesteria."

A thundering boom came from down the corridor, the double door entrance to the royal corridor flew open. A dark alpha wolf came charging towards them, bloody holes present on its' body. Vex appeared by its' side, keeping pace with the agile beast. Andrea stared, "W-What the hell is going on?"

Laine immediately followed-up from Vex's rapid attack with his assualt rifle, slamming her shotgun into the alpha's gut, pulling the trigger immediately. The alpha howled in pain, staggering onto its' side. Reid stared at the fallen alpha, a familiar vibe coming from it. Vex and Laine stood over the alpha, watching as its' crimson fluid slowly leaked out. It was then that Reid broke free from his chains, his eyes having a low, icy glow. Andrea prepared to grab him, but his current emotion wouldnt allow him to be touched. A painful fury showed in his eyes, his eyes locked onto the alpha, as it shifted back to Guillian.

"That is the man...The man who helped curse me...!" Reid roared, dashing over at him to strangle every life from his body.