Chapter Twelve: Sanction

Vincent flipped back, his free plam pressed to the ground and using the strength he had, launching himself backwards. Reaper continued his aggressive pattern, rushing Vincent with his scythe high. The ghostly man twirled his scythe and slashed out at Vincent. Vincent's face went low, missing the overhead slash and upper cutted Reaper in the chin with his free hand. Staggering back, Reaper swore under his breath, using his weapon as support. Vincent found this as an opening and charged once again, Reaper reacted by taking the strike head-on with his weapon, putting themselves into deadlock.

Reid brushed away the wood on top of him. He crawled out of the destroyed bench's remnants and struggled to stand. Before he could raise his other leg to support himself up, Sven grabbed it and pulled him. Reid clawed at the ground and kicked Sven in the face, breaking free of his grasp. Sven clenched his teeth after taking a boot to the face and emerged out of the crowd of broken wood. Reid began to escape--Reaper catching eye of Reid struggling to get away, "Stop!"

Vincent impaled his blade into Reaper's gut, "Never put down your guard, fool..."

A coarse cough came from Reaper and he instantly grabbed Vincent's neck tightly with his free hand. Vincent dug deeper into Reaper, embracing the pain around his neck. Fresh, boiling blood crawled out of Reaper's mouth, dripping down towards the garden floor. Vincent held his ruby bladed sword's handle with both hands and continued to push forward, eventually the horrible pain making Reaper lessen his grip around Vincent's neck.

Quickly, Vincent pulled out his sword and masterfully slashed upward, creating a hot crimson line from his gut to his strong chin. Blood flooded Reaper's mouth and he stumbled backwards, soon meeting the ground. Proudly, Vincent stood over the dying man and shook his head, "Should have just kept your damn mouth shut..."

Reid held his sword carefully in front of him, his sheath in his other hand. Sven stood tall, his muscles bulky and ripped, "Prince Reid, have you forgotten who taught you how to fight?"

Reid smirked up at the ripped man, "Who the hell wouldn't? Master Flash taught me..."

"So, you refuse to include me? I should knock some sense into that meddling head of yours!" Sven glared, his skin shifting tones.

Reid took a half backstep and stared solemnly as Sven transformed into a metallic brute. His skin was like steel, bearing a bright silver surface. His eyes gleamed a bright red and he ultimately grew in size. The tyrant prince rested his blade on his shoulder, looking up and whistling at the tall, metallic individual, "Your power never gets old..."

A husky voice came from the metallic Sven, "Your carefree attitude never changes..."

"Yeah, well...I can never get rid of that attribute." Reid started to grin.

Vincent came out of nowhere, slicing at Reid. The young prince jerked back and connected his blade with Vincent's, knocking its' next path away, afterwards he hopped back into a defensive stance. Sven and Vincent prepared themselves mentally and readied up. Reid darted between the two and suddenly looked towards the shattered central dome from afar. He remembered his mission, he remembered he had to save Andrea tonight. His teeth clicked in irritation and he ran off. Vincent had started after him, but Sven held his hand before him, "No, we must see to the safety of our Captain now. I have just realized we have wasted a lot of our time here. We should move."

Vincent ultimately agreed, his thoughts transfixed on Andrea's safety, "Right...We will get the slippery coward next time..."

The two left the scene soon. Reaper laid on his back with his eyes closed, a pool of his own crimson blood underneath him. Suddenly, a dark shadowy thorn emerged from the pool of blood, followed by many others. The thorns wrapped around Reaper, as if tying him down and instantly his eyes shot open. A sharp feeling pulled at his heart, his eyes now a beady, sharp crimson red. His finger nails became sharp, claw-like and lengthy. Slowly, the pale man rose up, sitting upright with thorny shadows wrapped around his body. With a wicked grin and gleaming eyes, he spoke huskily, "The fucker forgot to finish his prey..."