Chapter Four: Uncontrolled Events

"C'mon! Stand and fight me! Show me that my willful brother is still alive inside you!"

Ty rolled near the cliff's edge and nearly lost balance. Raine charged him and he clenched his teeth, blocking the blow to his head. She applied pressure and Ty began to lessen in strength--lowering his weapon slowly and nearly facing the sharp blade of her glaive. Rydia and August watched from afar, both tempeted to stop the fighting, but felt that it needed to happen. Raine soon hesitated, noticing the positioning Ty was in. He used her hesitation and twirled the glaive over her weapon and managed to strike it away. Raine had stood in a daze and Ty smirked and spoke words he wouldn't believe himself saying, "I have taught you better, Raine. Never hesitate in front of the enemy."

She staggered back and Ty swiftly moved closer to her, holding his glaive closely to her neck. She stared wide-eyed into his eyes, unsure of what to say or even do. He soon lowered his weapon and grabbed the necklace hanging onto the sharp points on his blade. Raine found herself grabbing the necklace and looking into his eyes, "Is this...the Ancient...?"

"I'll be hanging on to this. Also, I refuse to be called your brother--I have no siblings and it will stay that way." Ty stated.

"Why reject me? There is no point!" She argued.

"To you maybe, but for a person who grew up with no childhood memories and no family--I feel the need to keep it that way. Ty Roberts isn't going anywhere!"

She abruptly moved away from him and passed August and Rydia. Ty slowly shook his head, but suddenly nodded to himself, feeling he had made the right move. Rydia crossed her arms, "Why did you say that? I'm sure you remember now..."

"I do...I remember, but what happened to me should not be known. My sister shouldn't have to hear about my life and how I got here. She has her own duties, does she not?"

August sighed, "Raine will understand you."

"It's not that simple. If I tell her--I risk her life being in danger." Ty said solemnly.

"...What do you mean?" Rydia asked.

"...It deals with what happened many years ago." Ty began. "My mother didn't die of any accident the night of my disappearance. She was in fact killed by our neighboring nation."

Rydia stood shocked, "You mean to tell me that men from Averest killed your mother...? That is wrong!"

"I've seen it with my own eyes. As I hid, I watched her being eaten alive by damn wolves. Hell, the fucking shapeshifting assholes living in Averest didn't care about my life--they wanted to end my mother's life instead!"

August turned his gaze away from Ty's blazing eyes, "Why would Averest of all places, target the queen of Maesteria? It does not add up in my book. That country had always been peaceful and full of so much pride. Shapeshifters, witches, and many others are welcomed there by the king and his daughter. I cannot come to understand why they would need to kill a high-powering figure's wife."

"Power." Ty started. "It is the influence that no one can escape, August! I don't give a damn if their land is filled with rainbows--not every country or nation is a fucking saint!"

"Do you understand what you are saying? If knowledge of this spreads--there will be much trouble. Do you want that to happen...?" Rydia questioned carefully.

Ty backed up, standing at the edge of the cliff. August stepped forward, "What are you--"

He slowly fell back, before falling down the cliff he said, "I will bring justice. That is all to be said."

Rydia and August ran to the edge and stared down. They couldn't see his body after a brief moment, noticing he had vanished into the sea of trees below. August swore under his breath and walked away. Rydia followed after him, "What should we do?"