Chapter Seven: Assassins

"Alexia is from Lospire: The City of Elements. Her people have been living in this world as long as the brutes known as Mesterians, which hail from Alahantie: The Capital of Golden Sand." Vincent explained knowingly. "Alexia herself is from a legacy of pure-blood alchemists, witches, and sorcerers. Her power is extraordinary, that of little people have inside the walls of Lospire that is capable of summoning mystical gods."

"I am glad you know of my history. I do not appreciate you telling my business..." Alexia scowled.

"Do not give that look, milady. I am only telling Cyrus what needs to be known. Have you forgotten that he is from another world?" Vincent said defensively.

She rolled her eyes and walked ahead of the two. Cyrus frowned, "Does she hate talking about her power...?"

"Hell...who would not...? Though, that is not mainly the case here. She dislikes her people."

"What? Why....?"

Vincent shrugged his shoulders, "I honestly cannot say for sure. Though, she make it seem as if she does hate them. For whatever reason--but, who is to say I do not have the same problem..."

Cyrus looked up to him, "Where are you from, Vincent?"

"Faust: Region of Seekers...It is within Kouka's land. I could prattle along and tell you my very reasons, but there is no meaning...My hatred towards my own homeland is unexplainable and useless to your ears."

Sven moved between the two, grabbing them both by their shoulder and pulling them close, "It does not matter where we hail from, do remember that Cyrus. Everyone in Vanguard has a reason for why they fight, why they sacrifice themselves for one another to complete something. It is only natural...Everyone in Vanguard needs to be one voice, we must not break apart no matter the trial..."

"Even for a burly man such as yourself--you sure have a knack for words, sweet-talker." Vincent chuckled.

Sven grinned, "I thought you were the man with the words, Vincent."

The group soon caught up with their Captain and noticed the individual beside her, both in heated discussion. Andrea walked beside one of Averest's military generals, Edge Vantage. Both shared words on the matter of the airship. Edge ruffled his dirty blond hair and cast his troubled dark eyes towards the airship, "To believe the cowards would cause trouble upon His Majesty's grand party held for the people..."

"It is sad...nevertheless, we must do something about this. I will need the assistance of Ethan Lipan." Andrea said.

"I am here already, milady."

Andrea and Edge looked over their shoulder at a silver haired man with odd colored eyes. His left being gold and the other blazing red. Andrea turned fully towards the tall and skinny man, "Lipan, I require your assistance."

"Do not worry, milady. As the strategist in His Majesty's military--I already have an idea of the culprit." Ethan smiled slyly, his blazing eye scanning over the fallen airship. "Assassins under Melfaun are your culprits..."

"What?! Those bloody assassins did this?!" Edge said furiously.

"Aye...I was enjoying my own company at the palace's watchtower, setting up for late night stargazing when my telescope came across their ship. I could clearly see Andrea's group, but what they had not seen was the invisible airship in the distance." Ethan explained with an amused smirk.

"An invisible airship you say? Ah, that is right, your telescope is another one of your prized gadgets. To think there was an invisible airship on our tails." Andrea said slowly, processing the info.