Chapter Two: Conflict

Jinx sidestepped in repetition, evading the snowy wolf's repetivite strikes from it's claws and canines. He soon came to a stand-still and snapped his fingers in unison. Andrea, masked as a wolf, went flying back from an unseen force and crashed to the forest floor. Jinx balled his right hand and static ran rapid around his fist. Cyrus watched in fear as Andrea was engulfed by a crowd of electricity. She yelped and whined in agony, rolling and trying to shake off the repetitive pain.

Out of nowhere, Vincent came dashing over at Jinx, holding both of his ruby coated blades with a thirst for blood. Jinx shifted actions and focused on Vincent. Andrea was now free, crawling slowly while her body was under aftermath pain and giving off a faint steam. Cyrus hurried over to her, while witnessing an invisible fight from afar. He couldn't see anything that Jinx and Vincent were doing. They were simply too fast for his eyes.

Alexia rushed over to Andrea before Cyrus could and held a grim look as Andrea softly whined. Sven soon arrived once Cyrus reached them. Andrea whimper softly and Cyrus' brows furrowed. Sven clenched his teeth, realizing he should have suggested them to retreat. He knew Andrea wasn't at her true potential right now because of the time of day and the emotion that raged within her. He knew more than anyone that Andrea's sworn enemy was Jinx and no one could take his spot--for he took something special from her.

Vincent thrusted with his right sword and Jinx smirked and leaped over Vincent. Quickly, Vincent pulled back his sword and with both swords--slashed at his enemy's back. He connected, but Jinx merely chuckled at the fleshy wound on his back. Immediately, the wound patched itself magically, as if it never was. Vincent stood in shock, but came back to reality once Jinx swept his legs at Vincent's. The dual swordsman leaped back and regained his stance, holding his swords up and equipped with a sly smirk. Jinx watched Vincent for a short moment, then eventually looked over to Cyrus and the rest of the group.

Cyrus could feel his eyes mainly on him. Jinx smiled evily underneath his mask and took a step back. Vincent reacted, leaping forward and striking out at him. He slashed at air and soon realized that Jinx had disappeared. Vincent looked around quickly, but soon began to settle down. "He's gone..."

Sven watched carefully as a thick mist began to surround Andrea. Cyrus stepped back, "W-What's happening?"

"Just stay still." Alexia said from the other side of the mist.

After a brief moment, a gentle wind carried away the fog and Andrea stood at the centered of it with her original clothes attached to her. Sven stood at her side, holding a stern look. Andrea didn't show her feeling of defeat, instead she bowed her head, "I apologize. I could not defend everyone like I had wished to..."

"It's alright, Andrea." Cyrus blurted out.

She raised her head and smiled at him. Vincent walked up to Andrea and collapsed onto his knee, "Don't worry about it. Even if you cannot protect us sometimes--I will deliever."

Sven was ashamed, but still he nodded to Andrea, "Please, you have done enough for us as it is."

"I agree with Sven. Do not push yourself so hard for us." Alexia agreed.

Andrea nodded slowly and stared off into the forest of trees that surrounded us, "Well, now we know how Jinx is in combat. We take what he did to heart and in the next fight between us--we will bring justice."

"To what end would your justice solve?"

The group turned towards the voice and saw two individuals. There was a young guy with a bundle of curly dark short hair and pitless dark eyes. A women with silver irises with long straight golden hair stood next to him, her gaze threatning. Andrea looked into the woman's eyes, "Why throw back my own question from our last encounter? My justice is in the right, unlike the ideals that you two go about."