Ch 16

We walked over to the café, and somehow it wasn't awkward. We were in silence comfortably. This is nice.. I hardly get to have this with him. He's always trying to hide his feelings by being a bitch but I think he's grown onto me.

We got into the shop and sat down, waiting for our waiter. So we talked about random shit and Kei went off topic and talked about his dinosaur studies. I place my chin on my hand, smiling and listening to him rant on and on. Was he always this handsome?..

I was awaken from my trance by the waitress. "Hello, what would you like?" She smiled. "I'd like a flat white please." I say with a light smile. "An oolong tea." Kei says in a mono tone voice. The waitress looked startled and nodded, speed walking away.

"You need to work on your people skills" I chuckle. He looked at me with a straight face and shook his head. I scoff and play with a napkin. I look up at him and see him staring at me. "Hm? What's wrong?" I say as I put the napkin down.

"Nothing.." he continues to stare at me. I look down blushing brightly. Jeez, why am I in love with him again? I continue to play with the napkin til our drinks got here.

"Here you go, enjoy" The waitress bowed and left. I take a sip out of my coffee and look up at Kei. "Do you not like coffee, Kei?" I set my cup down. He looked up at me and puts his cup on the table. "Not really, I prefer tea over coffee." I nod "good to know"

We finished our coffee and continued talking about stuff and sharing interests. This is actually the most I've heard Kei laugh so much, it's comforting. We spent a couple more hours talking in the café till I started getting bored. "Hey, um.. can we go somewhere else?" I say, fiddling with my fingers. He nodded and got up. I followed and grabbed my bag.

We walked out the café and decided to walk around an open park that was near to the café. I started to look at the kids who were having fun on the playground and looked at my stomach and smiles softly. I guess Kei saw and laughed at me. "W-why are you laughing?" He calmed down and spoke. "You're reaction to those kids is just so cute" he smiled.

My face flushed red like wildfire and I cover my face in embarrassment. He looked down at me "it's not the first time I've said it. Why so embarrassed now?" I remove my hands from my face and made eye contact. "W-well.. it's the first time you've said.. face to face." He nodded and continued walking, "you coming?" He says turning to me. "O-Oh! Right yeA."

We kept walking and I noticed a group of guys behind us, I guess Kei saw them too. They were riding on skateboards and coming fast. Kei put his arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer to him, the skateboarders zoom past. I kind of got startled and looked at Kei to see if he was ok.

"You ok?" He says, still holding onto me. I nod slowly. "We should go, there's probably more. Let's go." He holds my arm gently and head to the exit of the park.

"Hm.. it's getting kinda dark. Want me to walk you home?" Kei says, without looking at me. "O-Oh, it's ok, I can walk myself." I smile softly at him. He shakes his head, "nah, I'm walking you home. I don't trust you being alone." He said turning his head to the left then down to look me straight in the eye. I get flustered and turned away. "F-Fine.."

We walk toward the neighborhood and was walking pass Ukai's convenience store. "Stay." He held onto my arm and let go, walking in the store. I listened and waited outside. He took a couple minutes and I heard someone walk against the rubble, I turn to the source of the noise and saw someone familiar walking towards me.

"Hm? Oh look who it is~ the school whore." They said with a somewhat giggle. Hana.. "Oh? No response? That is a little disrespectful." She says with a pout, then smirks at me. "What is a little whore like you hanging around here?.. waiting for your next man?" I grit my teeth and tightens my fist.

"You sure have a big mouth for someone who doesn't know how to keep a man" I stared at her, crossing my arms. Her smirk quickly turned into a frown. "Watch your mouth." I put my hands on my hips. "Or what?" I smirk. You could see her rage swarming around her. She stomped her way toward me and raised her hand, about to slap me.

I close my eyes waiting for the impact. I didn't feel anything so I opened my eyes. I turned my head toward the store and saw Kei holding Hana's arm. "S-Sweetie! What are you doing? Let me go." She said with a smile. "What am I doing? What are you doing?" He tightens his grip on her arm. She looks down and hisses in pain.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" He glares at her, sending chill through my spine as well. He kept staring at her til she started to cry. "L-Let me go.. I'm sorry.." she said with a pout. Kei let go of her arm and she ran away.

He quickly turned to me and I flinch a bit. "Why would you start a fight with her? You know you're at a disadvantage." He crosses his arms and looks down at me. "Hey! I can still fight!" I put my hands on my hips. "So, you'll hurt the baby because you're so stubborn?" He furrows his eyebrows. I put my arms down. "N-No.." I look away.

"Exactly. Anyway I have meat buns." He raises his hand and was holding a paper bag. My eyes lit up and I smile sweetly, Kei smiled a bit back but rolled his eyes. "Whatever, Just hurry up." He starts walking ahead of me. I smirk and run up to him, holding his hand and intertwining them. He looked at me weirdly but didn't care. We continued walking til we got home.

———————————————————————————
Sorry that I didn't update, I had to study for finals and I have other personal problems. But I'll try to update as fast as I can. <3 love you guys