Shade#18: Fish to fry I

PAGE 1 (SIX PANELS)
Panel 1.
CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT
INT. SOUTHWESTERN BELL BUILDING - NIGHT
BAXTER WALKS INTO A LABORATORY SECTION OF THE SILVER CROW HIDEOUT MEETING UP WITH CLAYTON.

BAXTER: (BALLOON)
We've got men posted everywhere within a 10 block radius. There's no way Shade will be able to slip in here undetected again.

CLAYTON: (BALLOON)
I can hardly believe that he was crafty enough to sneak in here the first time. Now that Daniel's no longer in the picture we have a loosened reign on Thorne. We'll need to move around the clock to find a new base of operation. Shade may be incompetent but he's not a fool. He'll bring the police here.

BAXTER: (BALLOON)
Then it's a good thing we've traveled light. All we need now is another one of Thorne's properties.

Panel 2.
CLAYTON LOOKS AT BAXTER WITH UNCERTAINTY ON HIS FACE. BAXTER LOOKS FORWARD WITH CONFIDENCE.

CLAYTON: (BALLOON)
Thorne won't play nice after this incident. Shade most likely informed Thorne of our exploits.

BAXTER: (BALLOON)
Thorne would be cutting off his nose to spite his face. How will he explain that he allowed criminal ongoing to occur on his properties, even going to the extent to benefit from them, and never even once attempting to contact law enforcement? He'll play ball, he might even take a few potshots but it's nothing that we can't manage.

CLAYTON: (BALLOON)
They could make an informant out of him.

Panel 3.
BAXTER LOOKS AT CLAYTON WITH AN IRRITATED LOOK ON HIS FACE.

BAXTER: (BALLOON)
Then we'll find some way to manipulate the books. We're Silver Crow or have you forgotten.

CLAYTON: (BALLOON)
Have you forgotten that one of our biggest advantages is espionage and silence?

BAXTER: (BALLOON)
Then we make the people who would make trouble for us disappear. It's as simple as that.

Panel 4.
CLAYTON WALKS OVER TO A REFRIGERATOR THAT HAS A SEE-THROUGH DOOR. INSIDE OF THE REFRIGERATOR ARE VILES FULL OF DIFFERENT SUBSTANCES.

CLAYTON: (BALLOON)
We need to do whatever we have to in order to ensure that project Aquarius concludes with no complications.

BAXTER: (BALLOON)
You've kept quiet about it and there was only mention of it in my briefing.

CLAYTON: (BALLOON)
Operation Aquarius will provide us with an amphibious shark humanoid bio-weapon. It will help us to capitalize on the water channels through the region. Doing so will allow the transportation of products to be a lot less conspicuous and faster than trying to move it through the city.

CHARLES MANCHESTER: (OFF PANEL BALLOON)
Correct me if I'm wrong but you should already have the individual ready for the procedure.

Panel 5.
CLAYTON AND BAXTER LOOK BEHIND THEM TO SEE AN OLDER MAN WITH GLASSES AND A LAB COAT.

CHARLES MANCHESTER: (BALLOON)
So when will we begin?

CLAYTON: (BALLOON)
As soon as possible, Dr. Manchester. I believe you have preparations to attend to first.

CHARLES MANCHESTER: (BALLOON)
Yes, I must make sure that everything is correctly calibrated. Splicing DNA is not an easy task, you know.

Panel 6.
BAXTER LOOKS BAFFLED TOWARDS CLAYTON. CLAYTON LEANS IN TOWARDS BAXTER IN A REASSURING FASHION.

BAXTER: (BALLOON)
Is he really capable of such a feat? Do we all have to participate in his little experiment?

CLAYTON: (BALLOON)
Yes and no. We have reports that he worked alongside Fred Middleton, also known as the Evolutionist, in the past. An expert in genetics and splicing he has successfully managed to bring back animals extinct animals and create new hybrids. Mistress Lynn prepared subjects to undergo the process.