Shade#66 (S4): Likewise

CUT TO: RIVERDALE DISTRICT

EXT. DR. SNELL'S LABORATORY - NIGHT

AS DR. SNELL OBSERVES VOKEX, VOKEX BEGINS TO WAKE UP. DR. SNELL NOTICES AND BACKS AWAY FROM VOKEX AS THE ROBOT CONTINUES TO RESTRAIN HIM. DR. SNELL CHUCKLES, AND VOKEX GROWLS AT HIM.

[Vokex]

What is this? Where am I?

[Dr. Snell]

You are currently in my laboratory. You met my assistant already.

[Vokex]

So this is your warrior. When I am done destroying it, I will tear you limb from limb.

[Dr. Snell]

Now, why would you want to do something like that?

[Vokex]

Trust me, human, it is a far more pleasant experience than what you deserve.

[Dr. Snell]

Understandably, you are upset. However, given the information present capturing you seemed like the only viable option for communication.

[Vokex]

Then release me now and let us talk.

[Dr. Snell]

I'm not a fool. You'd tear me limb from limb. Look, I would like to just cut to the chase. I require your assistance.

[Vokex]

Why in the world would I ever help you or any human for that matter?

[Dr. Snell]

Oh, my dark and brooding, scaly friend; you would help me because I could give you exactly what you want the most.

[Vokex]

If you had any idea what I truly wanted you would regret those last words.

[Dr. Snell]

Oh, I'm sure that I would but I have a suspicion that you would regret making that choice if you did. You see I possess the ability to ensnare people under my control leaving their minds as putty in my hands. I must admit, I never thought that I would see a mythological creature such as yourself with my own eyes but this only means that there's someone out there that has more information about you than maybe even you do.

[Vokex]

What is your point?

[Dr. Snell]

You have a disdain for humans. Care to tell me why?

[Vokex]

They betrayed us after we protected them. Called us aberrations in the eyes of their God. They killed the entirety of my kin!

[Dr. Snell]

Now I understand your disdain for humans. Tragically, they would allow their theology to drive them into ignorant acts. We have that in common at least, that our lives have been ruined by ignorance. However, that could change. With my technology that could change overnight. And you would be able to find someone that could reverse the damage done to you. You could become whole again.

VOKEX THINKS FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS. VOKEX THEN GLARES AT DR. SNELL.

[Vokex]

The last time that I believed the words of a human, I lost more than everything. To believe what you say makes me a fool. However, I would gladly become a fool if it meant that I would see my friends and family again. Make no mistake though, if there's even a hint of betrayal, I will not hesitate to kill you.