Shade#114 (S6): I mean it

CUT TO: WEST CENTRAL DISTRICT

EXT. PARKING LOT – LATE AFTERNOON

A POLICE OFFICER SITS IN HIS CAR WATCHING ACROSS THE STREET AS A MAN WALKS OUT OF A RESTAURANT. THE POLICE OFFICER THEN CALLS A MAN ON HIS PHONE.

[Police Officer#1]

Wolf, I've got eyes on him.

[Officer Lamb]

(Over the phone)

What have I told you guys about calling me that?

[Police Officer#1]

My apologies Officer Lamb. It's just a force of habit.

[Officer Lamb]

(Over the phone)

What's he doing?

[Police Officer#1]

He's leaving a Chinese restaurant. He's got a lot of his buddies with him as well.

[Officer Lamb]

(Over the phone)

Good. Keep an eye on him. I'm en route to the target.

[Police Officer#1]

What's got you so hot and bothered about this guy anyway? He's just a local pusher. I'll admit, lately he's been trying to make more of a name for himself but that's just run of the mill. Why are you trying—?

[Officer Lamb]

(Over the phone)

Washington's got a lot of influence because his father was a veteran in the Lakeside Crew. It comes with a legacy that only the newcomers are willing to question and subsequently get punished for. If he keeps going like this, I imagine he's going to have more than his fair share of weight to throw around. I've got to strike while the iron's hot and get this molded just right.

[Police Officer#1]

(Over the phone)

Alright, Officer Wo—! Officer Lamb. I'll keep my eyes on him. Have you found the target yet?

CUT TO: SOUTH BEDROCK DISTRICT

INT. SOUTH END – NIGHT

OFFICER LAMB PARKS ALONG THE STREET IN A NEIGHBORHOOD IN SOUTH END.

[Officer Lamb]

Yeah, I think I might have. Call me if anything changes.

[Police Officer#1]

Yes, sir.

OFFICER LAMB HANGS UP THE PHONE, GETS OUT OF HIS CAR, AND WALKS DOWN THE STREET. ONCE HE'S FOUND THE HOUSE HE'S LOOKING FOR, OFFICER LAMB KNOCKS ON THE DOOR AND A WOMAN OPENS HER DOOR.

[Woman#1]

Can I help you?

OFFICER LAMB FLASHES HIS BADGE DISCREETLY.

[Woman#1]

I don't want any trouble, alright? I don't bother anybody.

[Officer Lamb]

Ma'am, that's not why I'm here. I would just like a chance to speak with you. That's all.

[Woman#1]

You're in the wrong neighborhood trying to get information out of someone.

[Officer Lamb]

Please, I'd just like a fraction of your time.

WOMAN#1 THINKS FOR A SECOND, LOOKS AROUND, AND ALLOWS OFFICER LAMB TO ENTER INTO HER HOUSE. A MAN ACROSS THE STREET WHO WAS WATCHING THE EVENTS UNFOLD WITH HIS BINOCULARS, TAKES OUT HIS PHONE AND CALLS SOMEONE.