Shade#59 (S4): Canny

CUT TO: MIDTOWN DISTRICT

INT. CLASSROOM - EARLY AFTERNOON

WESTLEY WORKS OUT THE LAST MATH PROBLEM ON A TEST. AFTER FINISHING THE TEST, WESTLEY WALKS UP TO THE FRONT OF THE CLASS TURNING HIS TEST INTO THE TEACHER. BEFORE WESTLEY CAN LEAVE, HIS PROFESSOR FLAGS HIM DOWN.

[Dr. Worely]

(Whispering)

Trying to beat your previous record, Mr. Portis?

[Westley]

(Whispering)

Well, when you've got it.

[Dr. Worely]

(Whispering)

As confident as ever Mr. Worley. I wanted to check in on you to see how the project was going.

[Westley]

(Whispering)

It's coming along quite nicely. I should have it done within the week.

[Dr. Worley]

(Whispering)

Very good. Seeing as how you've opted to keep it so secretive I am looking forward to seeing it very much.

[Westly]

(Whispering)

Trust me, Dr. Worley, it's going to knock your socks off!

WESTLY LEAVES THE CLASSROOM, GOES TO HIS CAR, AND HEADS TO THE THEATRE.

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

INT. THEATER - AFTERNOON

WESTLY WALKS INTO THE THEATRE AND SEES THAT NOT MANY MEMBERS OF THE CAST ARE PRESENT. HE DOES HOWEVER SEE THAT THE PROP DESIGNERS ARE BUSY WORKING.

[Westly]

(Thinking)

Where the hell is everyone? Doesn't anyone have respect for punctiliousness? I wonder if even Quella is here. It wouldn't surprise me if she wasn't.

WESTLEY GOES TO QUELLA'S OFFICE AND HEARS HER LAUGHING. WESTLEY TAKES THE OPPORTUNITY TO RELUCTANTLY EAVESDROP.

[Quella]

Yeah, the main star Westley, he's really talented and he's got a lot of ambition. I really hate that about him though. Well, it's because he's got his head up in the clouds and talent doesn't always get you where you want to be. Sometimes it has to be an alignment of the stars. That and he's a fantastic lover. If he left I don't know what I'd do. Oh, He'll be sticking around I can assure you of that. I've kept his demo tape on ice. It's cruel I know but sometimes you have to be tough to get what you want. No matter who it hurts, not even someone you're fond of.

AFTER HEARING QUELLA'S CONVERSATION, WESTLEY ENRAGED STARTS TO BARGE INTO QUELLA'S OFFICE. HOWEVER, AT THE LAST SECOND WESTLEY STOPS HIMSELF.

[Westley]

(Thinking)

What are you doing Westly? If you storm in there like this, she'll know that you were eavesdropping. She'll have the upper hand. She'll be able to twist the story any way that she wants to. Then you'll really be in trouble. I need to think about this. I need to come up with a plan.

WESTLEY STORMS OUT OF THE THEATER AND HEADS HOME.

CUT TO: LATER, DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

INT. THEATRE - NIGHT

DRAY, TORIA, PAPA FRANK, CASEY, AND TESS ARRIVE AT THE THEATRE AND WAIT IN LINE AS OTHER PATRONS ARE WAITING TO ENTER THE THEATRE.

[Pa Pa Frank]