Shade#124 (S6): Birdy

CUT TO: WEST CENTRAL DISTRICT

EXT. GREEN VALLEY CAMPUS – MORNING

WHILE DRAY WALKS DOWN THE SIDEWALK HE YAWNS AND STRETCHES.

[Dray]

(Thinking)

Ugh, why do I do this to myself? I'm so tired I could sleep for a whole week. To make things worse, I've got a whole day ahead of me before I have to get back to doing anything important. At least if I can count on anything it's that my music will help keep me awake.

DRAY TAKES OUT HIS HEADPHONES, PUTS THEM ON, AND STARTS TO PLAY ROCK THE HOUSE BY GORILLAZ.

[Dray]

(Thinking)

Boy, if this isn't a pick-me-up. It's fantastic! If I wasn't so tired, I might actually dance. Who knows, today might not be so bad after all.

DRAY CONTINUES WALKING TO CLASS.

CUT TO: LATER, WEST CENTRAL DISTRICT

INT. MR. HUNT'S HOUSE – MORNING

MR. HUNT LEAVES HIS HOUSE WITH A JOVIAL DISPOSITION. WHISTLING, MR. HUNT PICKS UP THE MORNING PAPER AND WALKS OVER TO HIS CAR. HARPY OBSERVES MR. HUNT AS HE GETS IN HIS CAR AND STARTS TO WORK. WHILE AT A STOP LIGHT, MR. HUNT LOOKS IN HIS REARVIEW MIRROR AND NOTICES THAT HARPY IS COMING TOWARDS HIS CAR.

[Mr. Hunt]

Queenie?! Holy shit!

MR. HUNT PUSHES DOWN THE PEDAL RUNNING THE STOP LIGHT AND IS NEARLY HIT BY AN EIGHTEEN-WHEELER THAT IS DRIVING PERPENDICULARLY THROUGH THE INTERSECTION. MR. HUNT THEN PROCEEDS TO WEAVE IN AND OUT OF TRAFFIC TO ATTEMPT TO ESCAPE HARPY BUT HER TRAVERSAL THROUGH THE AIR PROVIDES HER WITH AN ADVANTAGE THAT CAN'T BE HAMPERED.

[Harpy]

(Thinking)

Oh, look at him run! It's so satisfying to see him think that he can get away from me. A part of me wants him to get far, so far that he thinks he's escaped, just so I can see the look on his face when I catch him!

HARPY THROWS SOME FEATHERS AT HUNT'S ROOF EGGING HIM ON TO DRIVE MORE RECKLESSLY. HUNT SWERVES IN IN OUT OF TWO-LANE TRAFFIC, HITS A POTHOLE, AND BURST HIS TIRE.

[Mr. Hunt]

Damn, this trashy city!

MR. HUNT TURNS INTO AN ALLEY, GETS OUT OF HIS CAR, AND RUNS INTO A RESTAURANT WHILE A WORKER IS TAKING OUT THE TRASH. HARPY OBSERVING HUNT'S RETREAT INTO THE BUILDING, PERCHES ON A HIDDEN AWAY VANTAGE POINT AND WAITS UNTIL MR. HUNT IS KICKED OUT OF THE RESTAURANT. MR. HUNT LOOKS AROUND FOR HARPY BUT DOESN'T SEE HER.

[Harpy]

(Thinking)

That's it, rodent, look to the skies. The hunt is on!

HARPY FLIES OVERHEAD FROM HER VANTAGE POINT CAUSING MR. HUNT TO LOOK UP AND SEE HER. MR. HUNT RETREATS INTO AN ABANDONED BUILDING AND USES WHAT HE CAN TO BARRICADE THE DOOR. HARPY THEN BURST IN THROUGH A WINDOW, LANDS ON THE FLOOR, AND GLARES AT MR. HUNT.

[Mr. Hunt]

Oh, hey, there Queenie. Long time, no see! I see you're still rocking the feathers.

[Harpy]

As entertaining as it was, did you really think that you could get away from me? That's probably the most exercise you've gotten in a long time, huh?

[Mr. Hunt]

Queenie—!

[Harpy]

You don't get to call me, Queenie! It's Harpy to you!