Shade#144 (S7): Anger

CUT TO: VECTOR'S HIDEOUT

EXT. HIDEOUT- NIGHT

VECTORS FINISHES WRAPPING UP HIS LEG AND M.O. MASTER COMES INTO THE ROOM.

[M.O. Master]

How could you have failed? I gave you new powers.

[Vectors]

You don't just go after someone like Shade. I see that now, he's still as crafty as ever. I need a more delicate approach.

[M.O. Master]

Well, what did you have in mind?

[Vectors]

I'll need a hostage. Something to keep him preoccupied, I have an idea of who that will be. And then there's the annoying problem of his power. It would be so much easier to kill him if he wasn't so hard to pin down. I just need to find a way to keep him off of flat surfaces.

[M.O. Master]

Why is that?

[Vectors]

Because it's a passive power. He has to think about sinking into flat surfaces. If I can do that then I can get him.

[M.O. Master]

How is the special project coming along?

[Vectors]

It's coming along greatly.

MISHAP COMES INTO THE ROOM.

[Mishap]

Look at all of this gobblygook. Are you sure that you know what you're doing?

[Vectors]

Oh, I know exactly what I'm doing.

[Mishap]

I sure hope so. I would hate for this to have just been a big waste of our time.

[Vectors]

Do you think that I would waste your time?

[Mishap]

Well, you did go after Shade. And you didn't kill him. So yeah, I would consider that a big waste of time.

[M.O. Master]

I gave him that opportunity.

[Mishap]

And he failed.

[Vectors]

If there is something that you would like to say, would you mind just saying it?

[Mishap]

Gladly. We didn't spring you so that you could settle a score. We sprung you so that you could help us take over the world. Once the machine is finished we could force Shade to come to us willingly. So why don't you just focus on finishing the machine? It would be such a bother for you to be arrested again.

[Vectors]

Wow, that just really puts things into perspective. I'm really just seeing how much of a brat you really are. At first, I thought that it was just your personality. But now, I see that you're really just a nerve worker. How about this, you stop buzzing around in my ear or I'm gonna roll up a newspaper[ and swat you.

[Mishap]

I don't know. Your hands are pretty small. It might end up being a pretty small newspaper.

[Vectors]

Oh, you don't have to worry about that.

VECTORS SPROUTS SOME OF HIS VECTOR ARMS.