Shade#52 (S3): Intentions I

CUT TO: SOUTHWEST ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT

INT. NURSE'S OFFICE - NOON

DRAY WAKES UP ON THE EXAM TABLE, TRIES TO SIT UP AND MRS. WILLS MAKES HIM LAY BACK DOWN.

[Dray]

Ugh, how long have I been out?

[Mrs. Wills]

It's been about 15 minutes. I called your sister, she's on the way to pick you up.

[Dray]

Ugh, my head. Do you have any idea what's wrong with me?

[Mrs. Wills]

Honestly, I need to get you to a hospital to figure that out. You probably need an MRI.

[Dray]

How much does that cost?

[Mrs. Wills]

Cost? You're lucky to even been cognizant enough to worry about cost. I thought that I told you to take it easy.

[Dray]

I was taking it easy.

TORIA RUSHES INTO THE ROOM, RUSHES OVER TO DRAY AND BEGINS TO EXAMINE HIM.

[Toria]

What's wrong? You cannot die on me, I will not have a good excuse for mom.

[Dray]

Well, I'm not fine but I'm feeling better. My head hurts a lot.

[Mrs. Wills]

You need to go home and rest. Especially considering that you won't go to the doctor. You need to get some rest and don't go out unless you have to under any circumstances.

[Dray]

Okay, I will.

[Toria]

I already checked you out. Let's go.

[Dray]

Okay.

DRAY AND TORIA LEAVE THE SCHOOL, GET INTO TORIA'S CAR AND TORIA DRIVES AWAY FROM THE SCHOOL.

[Toria]

Look, I get that the whole hero thing might come up but considering everything that's happened you need to go to the doctor. We'll just make up a story or something like you're trying to go pro in BMX but you're really bad at it.

[Dray]

Do we have the money for it?

[Toria]

I'll agree it might get expensive but it's better than you keeling over. What happened? Are you having trouble breathing? Do your ribs hurt?

[Dray]

...I think it might be the suit.

[Toria]

What do you mean?

[Dray]

Um... a while back something like this happened and I was fine. The suit is basically dark magic. So while it does offer me different abilities it has a negative effect on my health. I don't know what exactly but that's probably the issue.

[Toria]

And how do we fix it?

[Dray]

There's this plant called the Queen's Leaf that Obadiah found that has healing properties. I use it every once and while to ward off the effects of the suit. However, it has to be used sparsely because the effects ware off if it's used in too much succession.