Shade#15: Dead weed

PAGE 1 (EIGHT PANELS)
Panel 1.
CUT TO: SOUTHWEST ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT
EXT. GRANITE BAY - AFTERNOON
SMALL PANEL SHOWING A BELL RINGING.

Panel 2.
DRAY AND ANTOINETTE WALK TO THEIR LOCKERS TOGETHER.

ANTOINETTE: (BALLOON)
So, there's nothing to do tonight? Are you gonna be lame and play video games all night or are you gonna hang out with us at the mall?

DRAY: (BALLOON)
Actually, I'm not going to do either. Check this out.

Panel 3.
DRAY SHOWS ANTOINETTE A LIBRARY BOOK ABOUT SMALL ENGINES.

ANTOINETTE: (BALLOON)
What exactly am I looking at right now?

DRAY: (BALLOON)
That's a book on small engines. I'm going to use that book to fix a chainsaw engine we have at home and then rig it to my bike.

ANTOINETTE: (BALLOON)
You can do that?

DRAY: (BALLOON)
I know a little bit. My grandpa is a mechanic. I picked up some tricks from him and it shouldn't be too hard considering all I have to do is follow the instructions.

Panel 4.
ANTOINETTE HANDS THE BOOK BACK TO DRAY IN AN UNINTERESTED FASHION.

ANTOINETTE: (BALLOON)
I guess that's kind of interesting.

DRAY: (BALLOON)
Are you kidding me? It's gonna be friggin sweet!

ANTOINETTE: (BALLOON)
Maybe. Who knows, you might even be able to pick up some girls.

Panel 5.
ANTOINETTE JESTFULLY LOOKS AT DRAY AND DRAY LOOKS BACK WITH A SLIGHT GLARE OF IRRITATION.

ANTOINETTE: (BALLOON)
I mean, that is unless you don't blow yourself up first.

DRAY: (BALLOON)
Geez, thanks for the vote of confidence. Anyway, what are you gonna do besides hanging around that crappy mall? Dodging bullets and angst.

Panel 6.
ANTOINETTE SIGNALS FOR DRAY TO CALM DOWN WHILE HAVING A KIDDING EXPRESSION ON HER FACE. DRAY HAS A QUESTIONED EXPRESSION ON HIS FACE.

ANTOINETTE: (BALLOON)
Geez, what's the matter? Can't take a joke? Anyway, first of all, I'm going to try out for cheerleading tryouts then I'm going to attend a seminar for CIS.

DRAY: (BALLOON)
What's CIS?

Panel 7.
ANTOINETTE AND DRAY BEGIN WALKING DOWN THE HALLWAY TOGETHER.

ANTOINETTE: (BALLOON)
Computer and information systems. I've gotten fairly interested in technology as of late so I want to see what this is all about.

DRAY: (BALLOON)
Whoa, who's the nerd now?

ANTOINETTE: (BALLOON)
Watch it, Chowder.

DRAY: (BALLOON)
Kidding.

Panel 8.
DRAY AND ANTOINETTE WAVE TO EACH OTHER AS THEY LEAVE THE FRONT ENTRANCE OF THE SCHOOL.

ANTOINETTE: (BALLOON)
See you tomorrow.

DRAY: (BALLOON)
Yeah, I'll see you.

PAGE 2 (SEVEN PANELS)
Panel 1.
CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT
EXT. DOWNTOWN - AFTERNOON
SHADE WALKS OUT OF A PORTAL DOWNTOWN AND FINDS A PLACE TO POWER DOWN OUT OF HIS SHADOW SUIT.

Panel 2.
DRAY PUTS SOME HEADPHONES ON HIS HEAD AND BEGINS TO WALK DOWNTOWN. (*THE SONG IS SAMPLED MY MOM LOL BY MONTE BOOKER)

Panel 3.
PANEL SHOWING DRAY LOOKING TOWARDS THE STREET AS HE SEES THAT ONE DRIVER HAS REAR-ENDED ANOTHER.