A Shattered Mind

All she could see was darkness in her pain. Memories of what was afflicting her with so much pain and suffering were swirling all around her as a black mass which tried to swallow her further in. She didn’t care to move nor to survive at this point. All she ever loved was gone. This kind of pain was a pain that she wouldn’t wish upon anyone she may hate. Losing your kids and then losing your husband was too much for her.

She could still hear their voices, whispers all around her as she couldn’t see anything. The darkness all around her and the voices of those she loved were haunting her even longer. She knew that she couldn’t go on like this, she knew that she had to move on. But her heart didn’t want to let go, she needed them near her. All her life she had suffered and when she finds the ray of hope in her life, it gets taken away from her.

Everything suddenly shifted, her life only a joke to every single divine being in this world. She wanted to scream, rage at everything in sight but deep in her mind, she knew that it was not the right play. She still had Pietro and their father, and while Lorna may be her half sister and she cared for her, they didn't have that deep of a connection with each other. So while the rays of hope have slowly but surely began to dissipate, she still had three more rays in her life. Giving her maining to this husk of a life she currently had.

But she couldn't stand it! Every single time she remembers those fatal words, she just goes ballistic in this never ending darkness that swallowed her deep into its confinements. It drew her mad as each second passed by. She didn't know how long she had been remembering, suffering from her memories but she couldn't help it. She wanted to finally be happy for once! Was it too much to ask…?

"Avengers should not have kids. Superheroes should not have kids. That should be a rule. And you thought you could have two?"

Those words said by Janet Van Dyne were the cataclysm that made her break. She had forgotten about them, even if it was just for a second she had forgotten about her kids… her Billy and Tommy. She watched as the darkness began to consume her, spreading through her body as a need to consume. She tried to get away, she really tried but whatever she did, it only sped up the process.

The voices were getting louder and louder, making Wanda close her eyes in pain as she moved her hands towards her ears, trying to not hear a thing. But it was for naught. Despair and suffering tuned together made her screech in pain, trying to focus on her schreechings. But even that came without sound as the darkness relished in her suffering.

She could still hear them. She wanted it to stop, she wanted to be free from this pain that had struck her heart, but she didn't want to let go of her family. The one thing that she had wanted for so long, taken away from her by those around her… from those she trusted. She could clearly see the moment of their departure, even if she had her eyes closed. Everything else was blurry except their deaths.

"Please…" She whispered to herself, but no voice came out. She tried to concentrate on her voice, tried to see if she could do something to nullify the pain that kept haunting her for days. But she never was that fortunate to have the easy way out. "Make it stop…"

"Mommy, don't let them take us away"

She looked up, desperation in her eyes as she tried to find Tommy. She looked everywhere, but all she could see were the shadows that haunted her mind. She tried to walk, but she didn't make any progress. It didn't matter how much she walked or ran, it was like she was trapped. Unable to leave, only experiencing pain and suffering.

She needed to be near her kids, the shining light in her life. But no matter how much she looked, all she could see were the shades surrounding her sight. She even tried using her powers, but nothing worked. She was trembling now, scared about what may happen to her kids.