Chapter 13

Levi and Adira walked hand in hand onto the dance floor. People were quiet as they saw the two. The people already on the floor started to slow dance, so Levi grabbed Adira's hips and pulled her closer while put her arms on his shoulders.

They started to dance slowly while people whispered about them to others.

"People are talking," She mumbles.

Levi holds onto her hips and looks into her eyes. "I don't usually dance." He states.

That made Adira wonder, but she kept her mouth closed and kept swaying along with him.

"Why now?" She asks. She scolds herself, she didn't mean to say that out loud. Levi watches her but didn't say anything, just kept his grip on her.

"You're not as intolerable as the others." He whispers. Adira looks at him and he looks away. He grabbed her hand and spun her around, making her dress looked like it was floating.

Adira stayed silent but readjusted so her arms were now behind his neck. He pulled her closer and she rested her head on his shoulder. People were still watching the two. It was not normal to see Humanities Strongest dancing, especially with a girl.

"You better not get makeup on my suit, brat." He says by her ear.

Hange stood on the sideline with Erwin by her side. Of course, she was smiling like an idiot and Erwin watched.

"They look pretty comfy in each other's arms, don't you think?" Hange says.

Erwin nods. As much as Erwin loved to see Levi some-what content, he knows that whatever was brewing between the two is not going to end well. After the expedition, Adira will be sent back to the Garrison and Levi back to the front lines. He was surprised Adira even came to the ball at all. When she was last with the survey corps, she stayed confined away from everyone, keeping to herself and only ever talked to him and her squad.

Levi was going to regret this later, but he kept his hands on her hips and kept swaying with Adira. The music eventually came to a stop and he dropped his hands.

"Thanks for the dance," Adira spoke quietly which was odd, she was usually always upfront and confident when speaking.

"Whatever." Levi walks away as does Adira.

-

"That was fun!" Petra smiles. The group in the carriage consisted of Levi, Erwin, Petra, Hange, Adira, Mia, and Nyla.

"I swear if Mia doesn't get the fuck off me, I will-" Nyla starts to complain.

"I'm sorry!" Mia cries as she was shoved further into the door. "I don't even have any room!"

Hange looks over to Adira and nudges her. "You should just sit on my lap, Mia can have more room that way."

Erwin makes a confused face and Levi glares at the two.

"What?" Hange asks smiling like a fool. "She's my wife."

"What the hell." Levi snaps.

Adira was confused but went along with it. "Yes, sorry for not inviting you all to our wedding."

Adira shifted so she was sitting in between Hange and Mia scooted away from the door.

Levi was in a foul mood and Hange chuckles at his expression.

"What's wrong, shorty? Are you mad that-"

"Shut up, moron." He snaps.

"Ah, I see. You're just jealous because I can easily woo-" Hange was cut off by Erwin opening the door and getting out.

"But I thought you and Shadis-" Nyla says confused. Hange's face immediately turns red and shrieks.

"We're back," Ewin says before leaving the rest with Hange and Levi arguing.

Adira rolls her eyes and gets out with Nyla and Mia following close behind. The girls head to the barracks and head down the halls to their rooms.

"Goodnight, Adira!" Nyla waves. Mia punches her in the shoulder.

"It's Squad Leader. Use her title you dimwit." Mia says matter of factly.

Nyla rolls her eyes and waves while heading into their room. Mia gives Adira a smile and follows Nyla. Adira turns and starts walking down the hallways to get to her room.

"Goodnight Adira!" Petra says from down the hall. Adira smiles and says goodnight before walking in.