Chapter 2

I awoke from my bed and actually slept pretty soundly. You know, after the whole One Direction incidence. I’m pretty sure when dad got home, he must’ve shut Suzie up with a candy bar or something. I continued laying in bed, being the lazy person I am. So glad today was a Saturday. There was no way I could go through another math lesson with Mr. G. Just no way. So after 15 minutes, I decided to get off my butt and do something. I walked out of my room and went in the fridge. We only have one floor in our house. It’s smallish and the outside looks terrible. We aren’t very wealthy because dad spends all his money on booze and lotto tickets. I’m basically the mother of the family. Mom kept us together…until the day came. I shook myself out of my depression. I grabbed a bowl of cereal and called out to Suzie.

“Want anything Suzie?” I asked reaching for her favorite bowl. I got out Fruit Loops.

“Yes. I want to buy a house next to Zayn Malik, get him to fall in love with me, than have 5 kids with him, and grow old together.” She smiles creepily.

“I’m going to take that as a ‘yes Hailey, I’m not a creepy little girl and I want some cereal.” I laugh and pour her a bowl. She sulks and sits at the table. I hear her mumble something along the lines of…

“I’m not creepy, I’m dedicated…” She picks up her spoon and shrieks.

I give her a weird look and remember. Liam’s scared of spoons, so why does that make her scared of them? I never understood ‘directioner logic.’

“Sorry, force of habit. Enjoy eating your cereal with a fork.” I roll my eyes handing her a fork and taking the spoon. I look on the cabinet door and see a sticky note.

“Hey went to the store to buy some more beer. Then going to the casino. Left some mac’ n cheese on the counter for you. Xxoo- Daddy”

I roll my eyes and kick the chair in front of me. Suzie deserves a better dad then him and so do I. He’s so inconsiderate. He’s been like that ever since mom died and it drives me crazy. It’s like he’s lost touch to who he is, and he’s trying to fiind that guy by drinking all his feelings out. I miss my dad. He used to be fun. Every weekend, dad and I would go out to bowling and we would be there all day. We played 5 games and he beat me everytime. I always got so mad and upset. Mom and Suzie would be in the back playing crane machine games.

“Suzie. What do you say we go to the park today?” I say with a smile. She looks up cheerfully.

“Yay! Park time!” She cheers and runs into her room and gets dressed. I laugh at her eagerness and go to my room too. I put my long brown hair into a pony tail and I put my contacts in my green eyes. I slip on a t-shirt and sweatpants. I put on my sneakers. The look on Suzie’s face was all I needed to cheer up my day. She needed someone to take care of her, because dad sure wasn’t going to. I grab her hand as she prances out of her room. Her short, blonde hair has a headband in it. She’s wearing a pink tank-top which compliments her brown eyes. She’s 10 years old. We head into the car and drive to the park. As we get there she jumps out and starts running around. I smile and get out of the car too.

“Stay here. I’m going to go get you some ice-cream.” I smile. She sits on the bench. I walk up to the ice-cream cart.

“Mint chocolate chip please?” I ask. The man hands me an ice-cream cone. I smile and give him 5 dollars. As I turn around, I collide with a boy and we both fall on the ground leaving me covered in ice-cream.

“Jesus Christ! Watch where you’re going man!” I say in a cold voice. I start wiping ice-cream off my shirt.

“I’m so sorry.” The boy says in a kind of Irish sounding voice. I look up to see a blonde guy holding his hand out to me. “I’m Niall.” He says.

I keep my stern look. “And my name is, I don’t care about your fricken name.” I stand up myself blowing off his hand gesture.

“Listen, I really am sorry.” The boy named Niall was all red and looked nervous. “I didn’t mean it.”

“No shit you didn’t mean it. Or else you would be paying for my dry cleaning.” I shoot back at him.

He looked like he has just been punched in the stomach. He goes into his wallet and gives me $100.

“Dude, it’s just a dry cleaning...” I say raising my eyebrows.

“I know, but for the ice-cream, your hair, your shoes. I really am sorry.” He says sweetly. Well, he did look sincere I guess. Maybe I was being harsh…

“Sorry about being a bitch. My names Hailey.” I smile and put my hand out to him. He returns the smile and takes my hand shaking it.

“Lovely, name you got there.” He replies smirking.

“So is Niall. It’s very original.” I smile. “Well, I should get going. My little sisters over there. Bye.” I smile and walk back over to my sister. After a couple of minutes we drove back home to get new clothes, but all I could think about was that boy Niall. Little did I know, he  was from One Direction.

Authors Note: Okay so how was that? Long enough? It's 964 words and it was 2 full pages on word so hope you guys like it! Hope I didnt rush into it either. Just saying, she doesn't know that Niall's from One Direction. She doesn't stalk them like her sister haha. So hope you liked it again... <3 :) Fan, comment, and vote please :)