Chapter 10

Hailey's P.O.V

"Hailey? Suzie? Come out where ever you are...." His voice rang through our ears as I covered Suzie's mouth so she wouldn't scream. "Daddy won't hurt you.....daddy never hurts you....Suzie if you're here I brought Candy Canes..I know they are your favorite!" I felt my hands becoming wet from Suzie's tears. We ducked more in the closet as his footsteps got closer. 

"You can come out now...or I can call the police to forcebably take you out..We wouldn't want that now would we?" His footsteps got closer to the closet door. I felt the handle jiggle. "I know you're in there." 

"When he opens the door, run." I whisper to Suzie. She shakes her head. 

"I will never leave you Hailey..." She starts crying even more. 

"I know, I know...just listen to me....the faster you run the safer you are. Just please run." I try and convinve her. She nods her head slowly. 

"For you Hailey..." She holds me tight. The door slams open and my fathers twisted drunk face stands before us. We both scream and Suzie runs out the closet but stops in the doorway. He grabs my neck and holds it. 

"Come on Suzie....Come to papa!" He says in a fake sweet voice. I shake my head vigurously and mouth "run." She stands there and he walks closer to her while still holding me. I elbow him in the stomach and he falls to the ground. 

"Go Suzie! Now!" I yell as a sharp pain goes through my leg. I look over to my leg and see a knife dashed in it. All I see before everything fades, is blood and Suzie's broken face. 

I sit up from bed and start screaming. There are tears running down my face like a waterfall and I'm sweating all over. My head is pounding. I feel my head and I'm burning up. I hug my knees and bury my face in them. Suzie isn't awake yet. Thank god it was just a dream.....a nightmare. I cover my mouth and bite my hand to refrain myself from screaming. I take deep breaths and try to calm down. The door swings open quickly and I scream. 

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" I can't help but giggle as Niall runs in with a bat. Following behind him is Harry and Louis. I wipe my cheeks so it doesn't look like I'm crying. 

"Nightmare. Sorry." I shrug and lay back down. 

"YOU WOKE ME FROM MY BEAUTY SLEEP PEASANT!" Louis screams and places his hand on his hips. 

"You don't need beauty sleep boo."  Harry smiles and pets Louis' bed hair. Louis smirks and hugs Harry. Awkward. 

"Are you alright, Hailey?" Niall says sitting next to me on the bed. "Do you want to talk about it?" 

I shake my head. "Nope it was just scary. That's it." I smile. Harry and Louis walk out but Niall stays. He scratches his neck awkwardly then open his mouth to say something,  then he closes it. 

"What?" I ask poking his arm making sure my arms are wrapped up in the blanket, being careful not to reveal my cuts. 

"I-I had an idea...but it's s-stupid." He laughs. 

"What is it?" I ask. 

"I-I could sleep in here....w-with you...and make sure you don't g-get anymore nightmares." He gulps big. I smile. I look  at the clock and it's only 2AM. I  move over in the bed and give him space to lay down. He smiles wide and gets in next to me. I turn over in the sheets and he wraps his arm around my waist then pulls back. I take his arm and put it around my waist for him. He gets more comfortable and puts his head on my shoulder. I shut my eyes before hearing soothing words. 

"Goodnight Hailey." 

___________________________________________________

I awake to a loud knock on the door. "WAKE UP GUYS! WE'RE GOING TO THE ARCADE!" I guessed that it was Zayn. I didn't want to move. I was so comfortable here with Niall. His warm breath was on my face. He looked hot with bed hair...