cause and effect

-------------------------------------------------

??? POV

What did I just do?

What did I do.

What did I do?

What did I do?

WHAT DID I DO?!!

Hot tears rolled down my face as I finally stopped to breathe. I've been running for who knows how long, away from danger, getting caught, my friends, my problems.

Suddenly my mind tunes back into the situation. My friends. I left them there. What if they're hurt, or worse, what if they died in there??? It would be my fault.

Flashbacks flicker into my mind, memories from only moments ago.

"WHAT DID YOU DO"?! George shouted as a loud beep signalled alarm throughout the house.

"I-I got scared! You w-were holding a knife!" I tried to justify myself but ended up backing away from my friend in fear, slowly backing my way to the door.

"BEING SCARED DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN THROW A FIREBALL AT ME, I WAS CUTTING STEAK TOO, NO ONE HERE WOULD EVER HURT YOU AND HERE YOU ARE BURNING OUR LIFE SAVINGS TO THE GROUND." I've never seen him so mad, his eyes are filled with hate. He hates me.

I can hear someone running down the stairs as the fire grows and crackles, probably Dream. "I-I'M SORRY!" I yelled, panicked.

George is desperately finding something to put out the flame while my suspicions were confirmed by Dream running into the Kitchen. "SORRY WON'T HELP THE FACT THAT YOU'VE SET OUR HOUSE ABLAZE!" That's all Dream needed to hear to get the full story.

Taking it all in Dream looked at me, eyes not with anger or rage just- sadness... disappointment... the trust they had for me vanished, the hope that they could help me flickering away like a light in the starry sky.

Both of their eyes, both of the broken gazes they gave me, they made me realize that I was no longer welcome there. I had messed this up. I ruined it. So I ran out. Taking one last look at the house that i was welcomed into with open arms, the house that I could feel safe in, the house that I was wanted in.

Im now sobbing on the cold pavement I found myself on, head in my hands and sorrow in my heart. I had hurt the only people who actually cared for me and now I have to find a way to live again.

Standing back up I didn't bother to wipe the tears off of my face as I looked around, vision blurred from crying. I'm in a neighborhood not too far from a forest, the houses are quiet and at peace. All painted with light colours, complementing the light blue sky above me. I was angered by the sky. I felt like it shouldn't get the right to be so clear of any sadness when I'm down here suffering. Why would it not feel the way I feel and look like the emotional storm inside me. It should be thundering out. Raining. Cloudy. Anything besides the bright blue smiling sky.

My nose scrunched in degust looking at the sky and the happy homes around me. Mindlessly I started walking toward the forest, my thoughts still hooked on how the world could betray me like this. It felt silly to hate such a small thing in a time like this but at the same time, i couldn't help it.

With each step I took I could feel the pain and sadness rotting away my heart. With every glance to the other side of the street I could feel the sun mocking me. Every car that passes by another reminder that I messed up.

Pain swirled around me and there was nothing I could do.

Without realizing it my legs had grown tired as I found myself in the middle of the forest with no memory of which way I came in or how long it had been.

I find a shaded area within the trees where sunlight can't be bothered to break through the leafs and sit there, hearing birds, animals, voices, along with the wind, a creak and the buzzing of bees to complement them.

My mind was silent for the first time all day. I was exhausted from running and traveling along with crying the whole time. Tomorrow i would need to make a plan on what to do next but for now I'll rest. It was only noon but that has never stopped me in the past so I let the forest's voice put me to a peaceful sleep, hoping that tomorrow would be better. 

-------------------------------------------------

under the amount of words that I would like to have written again but what are you going to do huh? 

this chapter was originally going to introduce something else but I thought it was too soon soooo, fire boy, most of you have already got it but uhhhh, who do you think it is?

also a friend of mine started reading this, hi 11, how do you like it so far?