Chapter 35: Prinzessin Fischl

I slowly blinked my eyes open, only to be blinded by the sligh peeking through the curtains. As I went to sit up, I looked down and felt my heart race.
"Good morning y/n," Diluc said softly, and I went red. I had fallen asleep almost of top of him.
I sat up quickly, my heart pounding out of my chest. "So sorry! I didn't mean to-"
"It's alright," Diluc reassured me, sitting up. "I would have woken you up earlier, but you were sleeping like a rock," he chuckled.
I felt embarrassed, but also couldn't believe that I had slept that close to him. "At least I don't have work today..." I said, changing the subject.
"I'm feeling a bit better, I might open the tavern today," Diluc said, looking out towards the window. He stood up, walking over to it. Grabbing the curtain, he drew it open, letting sunlight pour into the room.
I took this moment to study the room, now that it was filled with light. The curtains were a deep red, and the furniture seemed to be made of a dark brown wood. I could spot a wardrobe in the corner, and another door at the far end of the bedroom. I assumed that the door led to a bath or something of the sort.
"What time is it?" I asked, worried I had slept in too long. While I didn't have work today, I still had to go tomorrow. With a sleep schedule so strict, I had to keep a close eye on when I slept and for how long.
Diluc looked over to the clock in the wall that I hadn't noticed. "Eight-thirty."
I breathed a sigh of relief. At least I hadn't slept in too long, and I could hopefully make it to work the next day.
"Would you like some breakfast before we head to Mondstadt?" Diluc asked me, looking back over from the window.
I nodded. "Sure. Are you sure you can walk all the way there?"
He smiled a little. "I think so. That salve works quite well, and I haven't been feeling much pain thanks to you."
I flushed a little more. "If you think you can, then I don't see why not, but you shouldn't stay out too late. If you walk home after dark, you might run into them..." I remembered that his condition left him vulnerable.
"I won't stay out too late," Diluc said with a somewhat sarcastic tone. "I promise."
"Alright then," I stood up, stretching. Looking down, I remembered that I was still wearing Diluc's clothes. "I should change..." I said to myself.
"Go ahead, you left your clothes in the spare room, right?" Diluc reminded me, walking over to his wardrobe. "I'll knock when I'm all set, and we'll eat before going back to Mondstadt."
With that, I walked outside his room and down the hall. My stomach felt light and airy, although I wasn't sure if it was because I was hungry or not. We shared a bed... I thought to myself, the very thing making me blush.
As I reached the spare room, I creaked the door open and walked in. I looked for where I had left my clothes in the corner, and panicked when I realized they weren't there. My heart stopped when I saw them on the bed, neatly folded.
When I went to pick them up, they were warm and soft. "Have these been washed?" I asked myself, looking them over.
As it dawned on me, I gasped and my heart stopped again. "Adelinde!" I exclaimed quietly to myself, wanted to find a hole to crawl in and die.
If my clothes were here clean, she came in the room when I was asleep in Diluc's room. She knew... how much does Adelinde know? She might have checked in on Diluc this morning and seen us, or heard our conversation last night. If she had seen us, did she thing we did... something?
I... I can never look her in eyes again, can I? I thought, the sheer embarrassment eating away at me. Deciding there wasn't really anything else I could do, I slipped the clothes on and opened my door.
Looking towards Dilucs door, I saw him open it and look at me. It seemed like we had finished getting ready at the same time.
He wore his dark jacket, which he had likely gotten fixed after a hole was shot through it, and his hair was back in its signature low ponytail. With his fancy clothing and gloves back on, you would never had guessed what he had gone through a few days prior.
"Ah, I'm just in time am I?" He said, smiling warmly. "Is something wrong? You look a little pale..."
"No, I'm good!" I perked my ears, showing him I was fine. "I think I'm just a little hungry."
I decided that I should keep it quiet. While I was definitely mortified, Adelinde had done me a real solid by washing and drying my clothing for me. I wasn't about to snitch on her for a strange, slightly embarrassing show of kindness.
"Anyways, let's go eat," I said, stepping out of my room and closing the door. Diluc walked past me, gesturing for me to follow.