o n e

Scarlet's POV 

Chae and I have been best friends since eighth grade. So, when it came time to pick colleges, we knew we wanted to go together. We are currently studying in Silver Valley University, South Korea.

We wanted financial independence from our parents. So, we decided to get a part time job working at a famous local café, The Hidden Baker Espresso Bar.

As we walk through the door we were greeted with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and a cozy atmosphere. A smartly dressed short woman greeted us with a big smile. "Hello, I am Ae-Ri, nice to meet you again, welcome to the team! Hope you two can settle in quickly, one of the other employees will be supervising you for the first few weeks." With that she went to the back room.

Chae excused herself to the restroom.

A black-haired boy walked out, he seemed around our age. "Hey, I am Jinyoung, nice to meet you''. After the pleasantries were over, he handed me a sheet of paper with my tasks for the day and showed me around. "Okay, got to go now, I'll come and check on you later, make sure you hand this to your friend." With that he handed me another sheet of paper and left. He seemed a bit cold not going to lie but it's probably so we take him seriously.

Now my mission was to find Chae, she had probably gotten lost.

Finally, found her and gave her the paper. We went our separate ways to complete the work quickly so we could head home faster. Because we all know...if we work together literally no work will get done.

Also like...why did they hire us. (?)

Chae's POV

I looked at the paper and sighed, I had a lot of work cut out for me. I found Jinyoung and introduced myself to him. He seemed not to like me or uninterested or indifferent but I digress.

It was almost the end of the day, now I just wanted to hit the bed and fall asleep.

-

Since I was already heading to the storage room, one of the kitchen staff asked me to get the Robusta Coffee beans. The room looked a little creepy. Looking for the coffee beans, I realised they were on the top self. I decided to call Scarlet since I couldn't reach them.

I was going to leave when I heard the creaking of the door, then footsteps. A silhouette of a man appeared, as I walked closer holding my breath. The features of the man became clearer. Silky black hair, malevolent brown eyes, light-pink lips, sharp jawline – it was Jinyoung. I heaved a sigh of relief. I walked closer and asked him for help. 

"Hey, could you please help me get the Robusta Coffee beans? they are up there. I can't reach them." He looks me up and down, scoffs "That's not my job." and walks past me intentionally brushing my shoulders with a smirk.

I had to try my best to keep calm and not lash out on him since I still wanted the job, also it was my FIRST DAY. God help me through the rest of my time here.

Finally, I was done for the day. As soon as I came home, I passed out on the bed. 

---- 

A/N - 

Love you Chae Chae. 🥰💜💙💜💙💖💗

Sorry for the bad writing, I promise it gets better.