CHAPTER 8: THAT ONE SIDEQUEST

(I think it's safe to say I have no consistent post schedule. At least with the shorter chapters, I'm probably gonna do 2 per day. If it's a longer chapter you get one)

Dream managed to convince Cross to help him get past a tough level in a game.

"So what's the problem? Looks pretty easy to me."

"No it's not!! I keep falling into the freaking pits!! It's going too fast!!"

Dream was practically growling his words, and looked as if he were about to throw the console to the wall. Cross grabbed it away from him.

"HEY!!!" Dream yelled. "What the heck was that for!?!"

"Dust's gonna kill us if we break his sh*t, got it? Let me handle this. There's nothing I can't get past!"

...

However, he didn't even know which game he was playing, let alone how to play it. He failed instantly.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SH*T!?!?! F*CKING PENGUIN WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING!!!" Cross screamed.

Somehow, he already understood the pain.

Dream started laughing at Cross's suffering.

"AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Not so easy now, huh???"

"CAN IT, SLEEPYHEAD!!!"

"...what did you just call me!?"

"I called you Sleepyhead, Sleepyhead!!!"

"Grrr.... Fine then, Crucifix!!"

The two kept bickering like this as Cross suffered through the level, though it later evolved into friendly banter.

"Aaaaaand I fell into the pit again."

"HAHAHAAA!!!!"

"Why do you even play this game?!"

"I'm just taking a break from the story mode and playing the other modes right now. This isn't all there is to it."

"This is hell and I'm never touching it again after this."

"Oh, I'll make you touch it again after this."

"Why!?!"

"Because it's fun."

"You ugly-looking son of a b*tch."

"You think I'm a mirror, huh?"

Cross chuckled.

"Whatever."