Chapter Twenty One

Allah says: "And He knows whatever there is in(or on) the earth and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it." Quran; 6:59

Indeed Allah is the most knowledgeable.

Hammannurs pov

I wipe the sweat that start forming on my forehead, the weather is getting hotter by the day, and riding after zhur isn't a good idea, but Muhammad never listens.

I sigh and continue galloping for almost 15 minutes.

"You all look exhausted," Mus'ab says as we hop off our horses, "Really? I don't feel it at all." Came Mubaraks sarcastic reply, both me and Shehu chuckle.

Mus'ab roll his eyes: "Wasn't talking to you anyways." He had a knee injury last week and he has been off practice since then, but Alhamdulillah he is feeling much better now.

"I'm done for today, see y'all tomorrow in shaa Allah." I stood up, holding my boots and polo stick in my hand.

"So am i," Says Shehu, the boys wave at us and off we drove to our respective houses.

"Come over my house later." Shehu invites before we enter our cars and i nod.

***

My- our house as usual is smelling so nice, you start perceiving the good smell from the parking lot, exactly, you can only imagine how the inside smells.

We came back from Italy almost a month ago, and ever since I've been so so busy, i barely spend time with my wife- or maybe she avoids me?!

I don't know which.

I use my keys and open our main door, living room is void of her and so i walk to the kitchen and there she is,

"Assalamu Alaikum," I make my presence known when i approach the door frame.

She turns to look at me from the gas cooker: "Wa'alaikas Salaam," Her lips stretch into a smile; "How was work?" She asks.

I turn off the tap, and dry my hands with a small towel: "Stressful as always, how are you?" I walk close to her.

Still with a smile on her face: "I'm fine thank you."

I don't know if she is a bipolar human, i am yet to find out that about her,

She confuses the hell out of me.

When i am satisfied that she can't escape, i caress her face- pardon me, overly soft face: "You've been ignoring me." I state, it wasn't a question but rather a statement, i want her to know that i know what she is doing.

"No." My wife says simply.

"No?" I question, leaning closer.

She nods and surprised me when she close the distance between us by kissing me.

I did not expect that.

I nonetheless react to the action, few seconds later we pulled away: "Why will i ignore you?" She questions, and place her head on my chest.

I swear she has been ignoring me like a plague for the past week,

"I don't know?" It came out rather like a question.

"Stop thinking like that."

I swear i am so confused, what is happening?

"Okay?" She utters, looking up to meet my eyes through her thick lashes, i nod and place my lips on hers.

I can't help it, she is too gorgeous.